Posts 4885
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:36 PM

Chris duMond:

I'll check on this, DOC. Stay tuned. 

Thank you Chris.

Posts 3655
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:40 PM

Donnie Hale:

I was auto-converted to "Starter." I still have not received the email that we're supposed to get.

I've disabled auto-renew on Starter.

Same here until I understand a compelling value for Connect. I don't use the on-line app, TV, or Mobile Ed. Nor do I envision doing so in the future. So like many users, those have no value for me.

Questions I don't understand to have been answered after looking at 8 pages of comments so far (I'll keep looking, but...)

1) At the start level I'm being auto-converted to, do we keep getting new Logos s/w earlier + access to the full feature set as in LN Now? Or would that access go away? 

2) At the starter level, do we keep getting permanent licenses to monthly free books of any kind? 

Thanks for clarifying.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3174
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:41 PM

Levi Durfey:

PetahChristian:
Please reconsider offering LN separately from Faithlife Connect. We really don't care to pay extra to rent books, courses, and TV. Thanks!

exactly my thoughts. 

That was before Chris filled us in that it included any individual Mobile Ed course.

Access to two $750 courses a year? I took advantage of that benefit, and chose my first course yesterday. Paradise

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:43 PM

Didn't they recently announce that the online app is part of the base packages?

If they take that away from us unless we keep Connect I will be extremely disappointed and likely will be then end of my patronage because I've been not so patiently longing for the web app to become as good as they promised.

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:46 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

It was originally a part of LN, but now is part of base packages, including the "free" one. That is not changing. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:49 PM

Yep. Here's confirmation that it's free if you own 7.

https://blog.logos.com/2017/07/logos-7-now-can-use-web-app-free/

Posts 1959
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:56 PM

I have no use for Faithlife TV and I generally buy the Mobile Ed Courses I want because I can't necessarily fit them into my schedule in a short period.  I generally already own resources that are given free, and I also already own all of the feature sets to Logos 7.  The ONLY reason I use Logos Now is for the early release Logos 8 features.  What does Faithlife Connect get me that I will actually want?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 734
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:02 PM

BillS:

Levi Durfey:

PetahChristian:
Please reconsider offering LN separately from Faithlife Connect. We really don't care to pay extra to rent books, courses, and TV. Thanks!

exactly my thoughts. 

Yes +1

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes 

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 3174
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:06 PM

Joseph Turner:
I generally buy the Mobile Ed Courses I want because I can't necessarily fit them into my schedule in a short period.

It's a six month access period. If you don't complete the course, Chris said that we can choose the same course again.

Considering that it's any individual course (including the 20-hour ones that go for $750), it's not a bad benefit to get access to two courses a year.

Joseph Turner:
I generally already own resources that are given free

Faithlife Connect (Essentials) also gives us one free Lexham Press or Kirkdale title a month. Might be a good opportunity to get a modern commentary such as EEC or Osborne Verse by Verse. Estimated benefit $350/yr.

Joseph Turner:
What does Faithlife Connect get me that I will actually want?

Possibly nothing, if the above doesn't appeal to you. Verbum Now is currently not going away. Assuming that doesn't change by the time your LN subscription ends, you could sign up for Verbum Now to get early access to L9 features (since L8 will likely be available by then).

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:10 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

The web app is available for anyone with a Basic account and will continue with Connect. 

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:51 PM

When will someone from the higher echelon of Logos address this to the masses here on FB?

Posts 1933
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 2:44 PM

Chris duMond:

Kevin A. Purcell:

The web app is available for anyone with a Basic account and will continue with Connect. 

I really did not understand this response.  Does this mean that anyone who has a base package will continue to have access to the web app regardless of whether they have connect or not? 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 2:46 PM

Mark:
I really did not understand this response.  Does this mean that anyone who has a base package will continue to have access to the web app regardless of whether they have connect or not?

Correct. 

Posts 2182
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 3:02 PM

Chris, No e mail for me either if you could check.

Thanks

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 3:17 PM

John Fidel:

Thanks

Thanks John, I'll look into it. 

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 3:39 PM

JRS:

Here's a challenge to all of those who are so terribly upset with Faithlife and their pricing scheme:  Go and assemble, say, a single Passage Guide of comparable Logos-quality using only the tools and means of a mere thirty years ago (I realize that many are too young to relate to this but the challenge is still applicable to you).  In other words, take pencil, paper, index cards, and typewriter to a theological library and manually research, document, and then organize into a professional-looking presentation all of the information that Logos would assemble for you.  And don't forget the time required for those interlibrary loans.   Any idea as to how long this chore would take you (assuming you don't get discouraged and quit)? Weeks, perhaps months.  And yet, with a few simple keystrokes and a couple of seconds of computer cycles, you have biblical research of a quality and quantity such as the world has never seen before.  Incredible, simply incredible.  But don't stop there ... consider also the datasets, the ability to search an entire library with a simple push of a button, the hyperlinking of every book in the library to every other book, the tools, etc. that you have in even the most basic Logos configuration.

Don't you recognize the enormous explosion in biblical studies that is happening right before your very eyes and that we are blessed to be a part of?  History rightly judges Gutenberg and his moveable type to have been a giant in his day and a necessary cog for the Reformation which changed the world ... imagine how it will judge the advent of the computer and Logos!

And yet, we whine about a few extra dollars to make it all happen.  We even impugn the motives of the Christian brothers and sisters at FaithLife.  Many seem to think that unless they have taken a monkish vow of poverty and work long hours for a crust of bread and a sip of water, they are somehow under the power of avarice.

But I say, Bring it on!  I am happy to invest in this amazing gift to the Church.  Even if I don't use all of the bells and whistles, I am pleased to know that I can help the development of these tools for others - not only for today but into the future as well.

You missed the point. The real issue is that we all bought into the Now concept based on a set of features and price that we all agreed to. Now FaithLife has renigged on their end of the bargain.

Posts 23
Eric Back | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:11 PM

Chris,

Have not received a email yet.

Eric

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:38 PM

Chris duMond:

John Fidel:

Thanks

Thanks John, I'll look into it. 

Hi John, 

Your email came back as "undeliverable" in our email system and Customer Service will be reaching out to you manually. Please be patient as we're working through all the "undeliverable" emails. Thanks. 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:39 PM

Chris duMond:

JFritschJr:

Can you also assist me in resending my email? I seemed to have lost or not gotten one. Thanks!

I'll check on this for you. 

Your email came back as "undeliverable" in our email system and Customer Service will be reaching out to you manually. Please be patient as we're working through all the "undeliverable" emails. Thanks. 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:42 PM

Chris duMond:

Matthew, I have an ask to check on this. I'm sorry you haven't received any communication yet. I'll make sure to circle back on this when I find out something. You may be on a special email list that's coming directly from Customer Service as we had some customers with unique situations that we had to manually migrate and do special things for. You may be on that list. Thanks for your patience, my hope is you'll have closure sometime today. 

Page 10 of 14 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS