Introducing Faithlife Connect

Page 13 of 14 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next >
This post has 279 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:00 AM

I'm very disappointed in this. I believe i have bought every version of Logos since 1995/96. I even had the floppy disk version that came out of DTS and the Logos Map Set on 3.5 disks. I bough the monthly subscription to Now and then let it drop when they went to yearly only. I finally went back to Now the last week of November last year. I also bought the Logos 7 starter feature set. and I finally bought Silver in December which I had been avoiding as in the early years I bought so many books ala carte that I had overlap. 

I wish I knew then what I know now. May have don it differently. I'm most likely don with subscription as I'm not interested in several of the Connect features.

FYI: Logos should look to NetBrains to see how they do their subscriptions as they do it right. When you subscribe to one of their IDEs they give you a perpetual license to the current version. So if you stop the subscription you can fall back to that perpetual license at the version that was current when you bought/renewed the subscription. You never lose access you just don't have the newest features when the subscription lapses. 

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:10 AM

on 11/28/17 I purchased something listed as Logos 7 Silver Library. How does that differ from the Logos 7 feature sets and the Logos 7 features I got with Now? Will I lose much or anything when Now goes away?

According to the software I am running Logos 7.13, Will I just lose 7.1 - 7.3 abut still keep 7.0? The separation of features and "base" library  confuse me as to which each one delivers .

Thanks.

Chris; hang in there better days are coming. Nothing personal but I think it was more of the "kill the messenger" type thing. We are not happy with Logos over this and you got thrown under the bus.

Off to do my morning Bible reading using Logs on my Ipad.

Posts 262
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:12 AM

For the many who have not received emails regarding this (LN subscribers), I found my email in my junk mail folder. It was an afterthought to check there, as it was the ONLY Logos email in my junk mail. 

Posts 3229
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:32 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Steve Farson:
Hey, ummm, Logos Now subscriber here, but have not received an email. Is there a recommended email address I should write to?

We'll look into it for you. I'm sorry you haven't received your email yet.

Steve Farson:
Also own many, many resources and wondering if this news is "good news" for me. It isn't clear to me. Thanks for any perspective.

It depends on your needs and interests, and what you consider valuable.

It could be good news if you were looking for a way to move back to the ownership model. You could use your discount to get the Logos 7 or 8 features and be done with the ongoing cost of a subscription.

It could also be good news if you find a lot of value in the new additions to Faithlife Connect Essentials, like Courses, TV, Ebooks, BSM, rewards, etc. For example, if you claim a free Lexham Press book each month at an average of $20 value, that alone could pay for your subscription.

It could also be good news if you find value in thew new additions to Faithlife Connect Starter and don't need access to all the Logos features.

Our hope is that one of these approaches will work for you and feel like good news.

Phil... Just curious but do you plan to add more books overtime to the free classical and free lexham selections in connect?

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:36 AM

Joseph Turner:
Bob's long post should have been the first thing we saw regarding this change.

I wanted to quote Joseph here to reemphasize this profound statement.

We, the buyers + renters, are stakeholders.  Bob,  you should have put that long statement out + then stayed with the forums, reading + answering, for day one, then come back for day two to do more of the same.

I believe it was [+ is] your responsibility to us customer-stakeholders to do this: to clear your calendar + have the courage + commitment to be with us through the fray.

Leaders lead - all parts of - change, Bob.  You did not complete your mission here.  

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:56 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I have already made multiple backup files which includes all my Logos and PBB resources, just saying better prepared than getting caught with your pants down- like now.

Joining Logos Anon, eh? (And as an aside, AA apparently is one of the best programs ever devised,)

We'll miss your wit.

My PC is pretty much off the Logos treadmill, but now and then a book for my iPad.

I really should do backups.

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 6:12 AM

Avi Lebedev:
Do we get a permanent license for the free monthly books (Lexham + classic)

Yes, you will own the monthly books you choose.

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 6:46 AM

Marshall Harrison:
According to the software I am running Logos 7.13, Will I just lose 7.1 - 7.3 abut still keep 7.0? The separation of features and "base" library  confuse me as to which each one delivers

Your software version will never get rolled back. It consists of bug fixes, improvements, and new functionality.

A base package consists of a library (collection of books) and a feature set. Feature sets are permanent licenses to use the features it contains.

You don't have to buy a new base package or library to get a new (.dot) version of the software. Software updates are available separately.

You can freely update the software, even to the next major versions, without buying anything. However, to unlock any new features/tools would require permanent (buy a feature set) or temporary (subscribe via Logos Now/Faithlife Connect) licenses to use those features and tools.

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:11 AM

Chris, please ask the powers that be to resend me the notorious email... I can't find mine.

Thank you.... and continue to keep your chin up.

Rob

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 8:21 AM

PetahChristian:

Marshall Harrison:
According to the software I am running Logos 7.13, Will I just lose 7.1 - 7.3 abut still keep 7.0? The separation of features and "base" library  confuse me as to which each one delivers

Your software version will never get rolled back. It consists of bug fixes, improvements, and new functionality.

A base package consists of a library (collection of books) and a feature set. Feature sets are permanent licenses to use the features it contains.

You don't have to buy a new base package or library to get a new (.dot) version of the software. Software updates are available separately.

You can freely update the software, even to the next major versions, without buying anything. However, to unlock any new features/tools would require permanent (buy a feature set) or temporary (subscribe via Logos Now/Faithlife Connect) licenses to use those features and tools.

Thanks Petah. One final question: How do I get a list of the feature set that came my Silver Library purchase?

If I'm not gong to lose any features in this change then I am a lot happier. I will continue to add books and features ad God provides but I'll move away from the subscription service aspects.

Posts 76
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 10:14 AM

Chris duMond:

Matthew:
At this point, what do I do now Chris?

For the moment, Customer Service will send you an email "manually" regarding Faithlife Connect. 

Moving forward, I've created a case to have our Marketing Operations team look into your issue specifically and try to resolve it.

Chris, I just got the email, thanks for helping to resolve this for me!

Shalom

Posts 23
Eric Back | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 10:26 AM

Having not received the explanatory email/coupon code, or a response to a query about the email, I'm nagging one more time. Feeling frozen out by more than our northern Alberta weather.

Posts 357
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 10:43 AM

Marshall Harrison:
 One final question: How do I get a list of the feature set that came my Silver Library purchase? 

Marshall, your Silver Library does not contain any features. Libraries and feature sets were split up as distinct products for Logos 7, so that customers like yourself could choose to only pay for books, and stay on the subscription model for features. 

Having said that, I took the liberty of checking your account, and I can see that you also purchased a perpetual license for the Logos 7 Starter Feature Set. You can see for yourself which features you don't have a permanent license to at https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets?productIds=121388,120029,124703 ; anything that is listed as "New to You," you currently have a subscription license to, but not a permanent license.

Marshall Harrison:
If I'm not gong to lose any features in this change then I am a lot happier. I will continue to add books and features ad God provides but I'll move away from the subscription service aspects.

Please remember that you won't lose any features from your current subscription until it expires in November. You don't have to make any decision before then; but of course if you prefer, you can use your credit coupon at any time towards an upgrade purchase of the Full Feature Set. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 5004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 11:54 AM

Sean:

Rob Lambert:

STOP beating each other up....

Bob is not your Pastor, Faithlife is not your church.... He can change the rules and you can leave.  What you shouldn't do is beat him up any further..,

No one is beating Bob up. Customers--some who have spent tens of thousands of dollars, and some who have been with Logos for two decades, are expressing their displeasure with this change, and why. You don't need to rush to Bob's defense; he can handle it.

Well said Sean

Posts 5004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 11:55 AM

phil tuften:
Not happy

Your not alone.

Posts 5004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 11:58 AM

Dustin Pearson:

Rob Lambert:

Bob is not your Pastor, Faithlife is not your church.... He can change the rules and you can leave.  What you shouldn't do is beat him up any further..,

Correct, but he is the owner of a product he is trying to sell. And you are correct he can change things if he wants, but we have every right to disagree and voice that disagreement in order to possibly come to a better agreement, especially for those of us that have supported Logos to this point. Last resort we want, and he wants is for us to leave.

And really once again this is their own fault. Once again Bob's email should have came out now and the changes should have gone into affect in November, or if they wanted to start it now, months ago. But once again hit everyone with a major change and wait for the dust to settle, guess they will never learn.

You are right Dustin, Faithlife never learn, they have no idea how to communicate with their customers. The feedback are getting is deserved and it's their own fault. We have a right to disagree with and voice our disagreement with this decision.

Posts 5004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 12:02 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I can say that we will do our best to level the playing field between owning and subscribing. We don't want to put features out of reach for our owners by limiting them to subscriptions. There might be a few minor cases where that is unavoidable, but our goal is to provide the same feature experience to both audiences.

You haven't done anywhere near your level best at the moment Phil. Owners are being punished for being owners. Simple fact no matter which way you want to paint it. Stop believe your own press and start remembering what it is to be a customer.

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:18 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Sean:

Rob Lambert:

STOP beating each other up....

No one is beating Bob up. Customers--some who have spent tens of thousands of dollars, and some who have been with Logos for two decades, are expressing their displeasure with this change, and why. You don't need to rush to Bob's defense; he can handle it.

Well said Sean

You are right. I reread Bob's statements.

This has the effect of punishing folks who have a good purchased library.  The 200 bonus covers 1/3 of the cost of the feature set in Logos 7 with nothing for books or features not in Logos 7 such as lemma in passage.  It is in the palabra of the bankruptcy world a Cram Down.  Take it or leave it.  

Despite the denials my bet is that Logos will be 100 percent subscription in the near term....at least if you want good tools and easy coordination with your operating system.  

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:26 PM

Mattillo:
Just curious but do you plan to add more books overtime to the free classical and free lexham selections in connect?

Faithlife Ebooks Originals (Lexham Press) will turn over every month with ~20 different titles. We may evolve that over time but that's the plan for now. 

Faithlife Ebooks Classics will largely stay the same for the time being. Again, we may evolve that over time. 

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:31 PM

Avi Lebedev:

Do we get a permanent license for the free monthly books (Lexham + classic) or will it disappear once we cancel the subscription?

You will have permanent ownership. We will distribute codes for you to use and choose which books you want to use. Once you "purchase" that book with your code, its yours forever. 

Page 13 of 14 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > | RSS