Logos 7.14 Beta 1 (7.14.0.0002)

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2670
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 26 2018 3:10 PM

To immediately update to the current beta enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes     

Mac

Windows

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 7:52 PM

I just updated to the beta channel to check this out, but I see that Atlas is grayed out in my Tools menu, and that the Atlas panel has no content. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 21
David J Heintzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 8:08 PM

It seems to be working here.  I noticed in the release notes that it says 'online only'.  Would you happen to be working offline?

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 8:25 PM

Mark Smith:
I just updated to the beta channel to check this out, but I see that Atlas is grayed out in my Tools menu, and that the Atlas panel has no content. 

Same here. But it did come up after restarting Logos, partly. Now I get

0172.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 8:34 PM

I did restart but nothing changed. I am connected to the Internet, albeit with a very slow connection at this point.

4382.Logos (4).zip

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 8:43 PM

Fixed by deleting AtlasManager directory.

Posts 753
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 8:49 PM

"The sermoncentral.com section has been removed from Guides."

What was the reason for this?

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 8:55 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Sorry, does not work for me.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 9:13 PM

Mark Smith:

Same here. We'll investigate.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 9:15 PM

Dave Hooton:

Randy W. Sims:

Sorry, does not work for me.

Yeah, it seemed to fix the error I was getting, but it's still wonky. Error went away for a bit immediately after removing dir so I thought it was fixed. Then it worked but I could't always access it when I first started Logos. Sometimes greyed out. Sometimes not but opens the product info screen in Mark's screen above. Sometimes it does worked right away. When it didn't work right after startup, it would if I waited a few minutes. Now I'm back to seeing the error I posted. After 3 dozen restarts, I can't find consistency. Deleting that directory sends me back through the preceding loop.

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 9:57 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mark Smith:

Same here. We'll investigate.

Restarting the app resolved the problem for me.

Posts 13367
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 1:43 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Restarting the app resolved the problem for me.

I've re-started three times without success.

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 1:48 AM

I am also having similar issues. After restarting the app and opening the Atlas Tool, I would only briefly see the list with maps before it would disappear and the window turns blank.

Posts 13367
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 1:48 AM

After leaving the broken atlas open for a few minutes I got a message: "This feature is now available. Please reopen this panel." I'm now in action.

Posts 26751
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 2:16 AM

Am I supposed to gloat - it came up with a map on the first try but with only two blocks of the map. The other blocks filled in slowly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3251
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 7:12 AM

MJ. Smith:

Am I supposed to gloat - it came up with a map on the first try but with only two blocks of the map. The other blocks filled in slowly.

Are these vector maps?

Posts 1138
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 7:19 AM

Just wanted to give kudos to the folks who worked on the atlas upgrades. Excellent job. Can’t wait to see the list in chronological order, though. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 2098
LogosEmployee

PetahChristian:

MJ. Smith:

Are these vector maps?

The shared background is bitmaps, but all the layers of information on top of the background are vector data.

Posts 2098
LogosEmployee

Mark Smith:

All of these problems are due to the server being slow or unresponsive. We'll take a look.

Posts 368
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 1:29 PM

Armin:

"The sermoncentral.com section has been removed from Guides."

What was the reason for this?

Because it quietly stopped working due to changes to the SermonCentral API. This has happened several times in the past, and we have always updated the guide section to account for changes. This time, when we weighed the ongoing maintenance cost with low usage, and the fact that the same need is now served by other guide sections, we decided to let it go.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS