Suggestion for FL Connect Going Forward

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2525
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 1 2018 2:38 PM

So I read that Bob Pritchett said they were thinking about a response to our response to their decision. So I though I would chime in with a suggestion.

Since, most of us apparently subscribed to Logos Now mostly or the new features every 6 weeks, how about every 6 months. Here's what I mean. Once Logos 8 comes out, about 6 months in offer Logos 8.1 for about $50 or so. All the new features that FL Connect customers enjoyed would end up in this new minor upgrade. Then a year later 8.2 and then 8.3 in 18 months before Logos 9 about 2 years in for the regular full upgrade pricing. The version numbers don't matter, but the idea.

Of course a few months later the free version of 8 comes without all the new data sets but still its the basic reader upgrade.

So, for about the same price people like me still get the new features without waiting 2 years. Faithlife still gets $100/year from people like me. And FL can still offer FL Connect for the dozen or more people who like the new plan.

I think I read that the $100/year price didn't work. But $100/year is better than $0/year which is what FL will get from many of us who have chosen not to make the transition to FL Connect for $240/year. Who knows. At $50 every 6 months to OWN the new features, you might get more people on board than you did with a subscription to Logos Now.

Just my suggestion. I understand if this isn't a viable option. Just felt like be constructive in my response instead of destructive as I was at first.

Posts 9072
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 5:27 PM

Just trying to understand, gow does this fit with MJ's point on 6-week deliveries to reduce bugs ... I think staff agreed? Or I'm misunderstanding.

Posts 1634
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 6:49 PM

I think the idea has merit

Posts 2525
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 4:58 AM

Denise:

Just trying to understand, gow does this fit with MJ's point on 6-week deliveries to reduce bugs ... I think staff agreed? Or I'm misunderstanding.

That's for people who subscribe to FL Connect. This idea would be for people who don't want to subscribe to FL Connect.

I probably should have titled this "an alternative to FL Connect going forward"

Posts 1729
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 7:54 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Just my suggestion. I understand if this isn't a viable option. Just felt like be constructive in my response instead of destructive as I was at first.

I think you're forgetting about the Verbum Now option which still offers what LN offered. This offers the alternative to Connect with all the early features for $99 yr. I'm still evaluating whether or not I'm going to be a renter or an owner or both. I'm leaning toward ownership, but my desire to have it both ways may push me to buy into VN.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1223
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 9:27 AM

I've been thinking something different but I may be alone. 

FN, VN, and FLC don't give me much additional value. 

But I would be happy to fund some feature development directly.

The benefit could be given so that those funding the software development will have more say in what should be done next.

Thinking that among the Logos users there is a small number of tough people who try to study original languages and related issues, there should be a way to improve their situation. For FL the justifying expensive software development requiring some original language acrobatics just for a small group would be easier if they contribute to this using the subscription model. Could be called "Logos Nerds" subscription.Cool

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 9072
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 9:49 AM

Veli Voipio:

I've been thinking something different .... Could be called "Logos Nerds" subscription.Cool

That’d be very interesting: Community Feature Pricing!

Posts 1729
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 9:53 AM

Denise:
Community Feature Pricing!

That would certainly make it attractive

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 6
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2018 7:12 AM

I would like to see more variable pricing.  I think the pricing scheme is just wrong.  $19.99 should be the month to month price, and a simple price drop to 14.99 should be the annual month price.  Also, I feel that Faith Life could try to offer a better package.  For instance, if we are RENTING books, why can't we rent all the FaithLife publishing library?  I understand not having access to other publisher materials, but why not truly provide a Netflix like experience with your own content?  Then subscribers will see their libraries continually growing as Faithlife publishers more and more books, and that will make the value of $240.00 a year for renting a program feel more valuable.  

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS