Announcement: Logos Now to continue at same price (with new name)

Page 8 of 13 (251 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 250 Replies | 24 Followers

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 2:54 AM

Thank you.

That comparison helps a lot ... but it would be better if 'new to you' were enabled.

A lot of the difference seems to relate to the new data sets and language analysis ... which seem to be giving answers to questions that I am not asking! Still, I am sure if they are not already in L7 (which I own already) then they will be in L8 ... which I will get when it arrives ...

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1
Jonathan Morley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 2:57 AM

Thank you for your humility, listening and gracious response. 

Posts 3109
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:02 AM

Martin Folley:
I still cannot work out the advantage that retaining the re-badged LN option has over moving to the starter plus a $200 voucher.

Re-badged LN = Connect Essentials (No Library), which has the following advantages over Connect Starter:

• It provides access to the full feature set (instead of the starter feature set).
  • It provides access to early release features.
  • It provides access to LN's subscription-only features such as lemma-in-passage, and morph query builder.
  • It provides access to a free course every six months (instead of once per year).
  • It provides two free books a month (one Lexham/Kirkdale Press title, and one classic title).

If you don't care about the free books every month, one extra course per year, or all the extra features in LN that aren't in the starter feature set, then Connect Starter is not only cheaper than rebranded LN, but you also get $200.

If you do want any of the Connect Essentials benefits, the rebranded LN is priced $100 less per year for the same benefits (less the book rentals). It would be cheaper to go with the grandfathered LN price over the long run, rather than keeping the $200 voucher (and using it to help upgrade from Starter to Essentials).

Everything should be more clear once the Connect pricing chart is updated with the new Essentials (No Library) tier details.

Posts 241
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:20 AM

Martin Folley:

A lot of the difference seems to relate to the new data sets and language analysis ... which seem to be giving answers to questions that I am not asking! Still, I am sure if they are not already in L7 (which I own already) then they will be in L8 ... which I will get when it arrives ...

True, but check carefully as it also includes things such as the sermon editor and systematic theologies. You just want to make as informed a choice as possible. Fortunately, we all have plenty of time to decide.

Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 5:48 AM

danwdoo:
True, but check carefully as it also includes things such as the sermon editor and systematic theologies. You just want to make as informed a choice as possible. Fortunately, we all have plenty of time to decide.

The systematic theology tool is part of 7.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 4
Danny Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 5:50 AM

Thank you, Bob!  From my perspective, this is a perfect alternative.  Your willingness to change based on customer response demonstrates your appreciation for your "old" customers.

Posts 1
Dr. Karl Csaszar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:16 AM

Thank you, Bob for your sincere letter and apology. I am one of those who did not email you. I did wonder what I was going to do (similar to many others). 

I am convinced prayers were answered about this "subscription" approach. It did not feel right when I received your "coupon" email. So very grateful you sent this second email.

Will keep praying for the ministry of Logos/Faithlife.

Prayerfully Yours,

Dr. Karl Csaszar

Posts 2
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:20 AM

Bob Pritchett:
This was my fault, not the team's.

A good leader says it was my fault and takes responsibility. My faith is restored in Faithlife.

And thank you for listening to feedback. This is a great move for those of us who have already invested so heavily in a library!

Posts 241
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:53 AM

Sean:

According to the chart, Systematic Theologies is not included in Connect Starter. I assume this is the tool and not just a data set?

Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:58 AM

danwdoo:

Sean:

According to the chart, Systematic Theologies is not included in Connect Starter. I assume this is the tool and not just a data set?

Sorry, apples & oranges. I meant it is the L7 Feature Set (full, at least).

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 1
Rick Shaffer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 8:07 AM

Dear Bob,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you and your entire team for the remarkable work you have put into Logos.  Your customer and technical service are truly the best I have dealt with, period.

I have had multiple strokes (eleven, but who's counting) and at times struggle with the understanding the understanding of the changes you have mentioned here and in previous posts.  I do not understand the difference between Logos Now and Faithlife Connect Essentials.  Is there some way I can see the two programs side by side?  I am hoping this indeed is possible, as it will give me a better understanding of the two programs.  To date, I have spent $13,420.65 at Logos.  I tell you this not it boast but to thank you for all the products that you developed and that I find useful in my studies.

Since the strokes, my ability to study has become limited; on a good day, I can work for about four hours before the stroke symptoms return and I crash physically.  As I am sure you can determine, wholesale changes in my day to day studies does not work for a time; after using the new programs, etc., I eventually come around.  I just have to have a good understanding of the program.

This brings me to my next point.  Is there a way to operate Logos or Faithlife programs by speaking.  My right side has been affected by the strokes and typing, writing (I am right handed), using the trackpad (I actually learned how to do that with my left hand), etc., while reminiscent of Tim Conway's comedy, can be both difficult and frustrating.

Bob, again I would like to thank you and everyone at Logos / Faithlife (I am still quite partial to the name Logos) for all they do to bring the Word of God to all.  I know you recognize that those of us that teach, preach, etc., are held to a higher standard.

Before I close I was wondering if you have the men's Logos fleece in large or extra large?  They are no longer on the site, but asking never hurt.

Be Blessed in the Lord and always stand strong for His Word.

In Christ,

Rick Shaffer

Posts 1
Ken Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 8:50 AM

Bob- Thank you.

Posts 924
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 9:11 AM

I had no idea about Faithlife Connect till I stumbled onto this thread. I guess because the auto-renew on my Logos Now account is unchecked, I didn't receive the initial email about being moved to from Now to Connect and am still trying to determine what all is going on. I don't think I have received anything about Faithlife Connect, blissfully unaware of its introduction. I guess I need to check out the Logos forums more often. Smile  I'm glad that concerns have (or "are") being satisfied.

My LN subscription is good into August, and I was debating whether to continue with Logos Now or revert to the full feature set. I now need to see what Faithlife Connect is all about and decide whether to go with the Connect Essentials--No Library. If I'm grandfathered in at the Logos Now $99/year subscription, I may go with it.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 20
David J Heintzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 9:21 AM

Bill Moore:
I had no idea about Faithlife Connect till I stumbled onto this thread.

If you plan on reading through these (many) threads, I suggest you go get a BIG bucket of popcorn in advance :-)

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 10:20 AM

Bill Moore:

I had no idea about Faithlife Connect till I stumbled onto this thread. I guess because the autopay on my Logos Now account is unchecked, I didn't receive the initial email about being moved to from Now to Connect and am still trying to determine what all is going on. I don't think I have received anything about Faithlife Connect, blissfully unaware of its introduction. I guess I need to check out the Logos forums more often. Smile  I'm glad that concerns have (or "are") being satisfied.

My LN subscription is good into August, and I was debating whether to continue with Logos Now or revert to the full feature set. I now need to see what Faithlife Connect is all about and decide whether to go with the Connect Essentials--No Library. If I'm grandfathered in at the Logos Now $99/year subscription, I may go with it.

PetahChristian, 7 posts above you, has a summary.

Posts 5
David Cranford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 10:24 AM

I voiced criticism when you made the decision, so now I must thank you and give kudos for the fact that you actually listened to your customers. Thank you!

Posts 1
Pastor Gerald Waldron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 10:30 AM

Hi and GOD Bless you.

Thank you.

Posts 3
Lee Ahlstrom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:14 PM

Thank you Bob.  I think it's fantastic when a CEO can stand up and admit a mistake to his customers and then make it right.  Like many others, I will be setting my auto-renew back to 'on.'

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 7:13 PM

Everyone keeps talking about keeping or losing the $200 voucher. This may confuse some as not everyone got a $200 voucher. Mine for example was on $100. Not complaining as it simplifies my options.

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 7:13 PM

David J Heintzman:

Bill Moore:
I had no idea about Faithlife Connect till I stumbled onto this thread.

If you plan on reading through these (many) threads, I suggest you go get a BIG bucket of popcorn in advance :-)

Indeed David! Since you're suggesting something that is totally cholesterol free, might I also recommend an extra large can of Red Bull or a nice delicious Coke for an Afterburner effect. Strap in and enjoy the ride Bill. See ya in the New Year! 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Page 8 of 13 (251 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS