Announcement: Logos Now to continue at same price (with new name)

Page 11 of 13 (251 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next >
This post has 250 Replies | 24 Followers

Posts 248
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:07 AM

Bootjack:

And do I really gain as to the Feature Set since I already have that in Logos 7 Full Feature Set AND in Logos 8 should I buy that when it comes out later this week. 

You don't gain anything feature set wise if you already own it. You might get access to some new features between now and the release of Logos 8. 

Bootjack:

when it comes out later this week. 

Logos 8 is coming out later this week? Or did I read that wrong? 

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:11 AM

I was waiting for someone to pick up on the "later this week" !!!  :-) So again, it seems since I have the Full Feature Set in Logos 7 and will have that in Logos 8 when that comes around the corner, I'm not really getting a whole lot for the 130.00 plus Canadian dollars. Would you concur? Also considering I have all the books & more that I need. Plus, I got a note from Faithlife saying if I felt I did not need the FLC, they would give me a Coupon code toward the purchase of a base package, feature set, or library. One does wonder, can this Coupon be used towards the purchase of Logos 8?

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 248
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:12 AM

I would think it would work towards Logos 8

Posts 924
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:27 AM

Bootjack:

I was waiting for someone to pick up on the "later this week" !!!  :-) So again, it seems since I have the Full Feature Set in Logos 7 and will have that in Logos 8 when that comes around the corner, I'm not really getting a whole lot for the 130.00 plus Canadian dollars. Would you concur? Also considering I have all the books & more that I need. Plus, I got a note from Faithlife saying if I felt I did not need the FLC, they would give me a Coupon code toward the purchase of a base package, feature set, or library. One does wonder, can this Coupon be used towards the purchase of Logos 8?

If you have "all the books & more that I need" (I resemble that comment!), I recommend that you simply take the Connect Essentials--No Library. We get what we had in Logos Now plus two Mobile Ed courses each year, an additional free book each month, plus Faithlife TV. I bought the Logos Full Feature Set on some sale a few months back just in case I wanted or needed to drop Logos Now, and I may do the same with Logos 8 just as a bit of an insurance policy should I need to drop FLC. If you liked Logos Now, for the same price you will really like Connect Essentials--No Library, in my opinion.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 241
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:30 AM

Jon Bradley:

If you subscribe to FaithLife Connect Essentials, you'll get the licenses to those books and they are yours to use as long as you are a subscriber. But, it's temporary. Once you stop the subscription, you lose those books that are a part of your subscription. Any books you bought and paid for you keep. 

I would add one caveat to this. As per Bob's post, the books that are included with the subscription are likely to be swapped out periodically so they are actually yours to use until you unsubscribe or Faithlife swaps them out for other books. Here is Bob's explanation on this:

Bob Pritchett:

danwdoo:
Are these connect tiers like the base packages where the books are periodically switched out for new ones with new versions of Logos?

Yes, which is one of the reasons it's hard to dynamically price them... they will be changing as our contracts change, as our base package libraries change, etc. (Just as which movies Netflix offers is changing every month.) We believe this to be a benefit, and hope you'll generally see the value grow, not just change. 

With that said, I don't expect the changes to be frequent, or massive. They may more often follow major changes in our base packages.

Posts 248
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:40 AM

danwdoo:

Jon Bradley:

If you subscribe to FaithLife Connect Essentials, you'll get the licenses to those books and they are yours to use as long as you are a subscriber. But, it's temporary. Once you stop the subscription, you lose those books that are a part of your subscription. Any books you bought and paid for you keep. 

I would add one caveat to this. As per Bob's post, the books that are included with the subscription are likely to be swapped out periodically so they are actually yours to use until you unsubscribe or Faithlife swaps them out for other books. Here is Bob's explanation on this:

Bob Pritchett:

danwdoo:
Are these connect tiers like the base packages where the books are periodically switched out for new ones with new versions of Logos?

Yes, which is one of the reasons it's hard to dynamically price them... they will be changing as our contracts change, as our base package libraries change, etc. (Just as which movies Netflix offers is changing every month.) We believe this to be a benefit, and hope you'll generally see the value grow, not just change. 

With that said, I don't expect the changes to be frequent, or massive. They may more often follow major changes in our base packages.

Yes

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:51 AM

Bill Moore:

Bootjack:

If you have "all the books & more that I need" (I resemble that comment!), I recommend that you simply take the Connect Essentials--No Library. We get what we had in Logos Now plus two Mobile Ed courses each year, an additional free book each month, plus Faithlife TV. I bought the Logos Full Feature Set on some sale a few months back just in case I wanted or needed to drop Logos Now, and I may do the same with Logos 8 just as a bit of an insurance policy should I need to drop FLC. If you liked Logos Now, for the same price you will really like Connect Essentials--No Library, in my opinion.

I presently am grandfathered into FLC (Essentials No Library). I never have nor do I need the Mobile Ed Courses / Faithlife V. But this is what's making me think I actually do not need FLC Essentials for the only thing I'm actually getting that remotely interests me is the new tools between the updates, e.g. between Logos 7 & 8 or between Logos 8 - Logos 9. What's your advice then? 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 924
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:14 AM

Bootjack:

I presently am grandfathered into FLC (Essentials No Library). I never have nor do I need the Mobile Ed Courses / Faithlife V. But this is what's making me think I actually do not need FLC Essentials for the only thing I'm actually getting that remotely interests me is the new tools between the updates, e.g. between Logos 7 & 8 or between Logos 8 - Logos 9. What's your advice then? 

That's hard to determine. I love access to the Mobile Ed Courses. While I'm not interested in getting certificates and such (I have enough formal education "credentials"), there are a lot of areas that I haven't studied or have forgotten and appreciate the lectures.

That said, I'm not really interested in the new tools between updates, which is why I had considered dropping Logos Now. Frankly, Logos 7 has more tools than I need for study.

So your question is a tough one. If LN was worth $99/year (US) to you, then Connect Essentials will be, too. You'll be getting no less than what you were getting, just more of what you may not want. Smile If the new tools between updates are not real attractive, I'd let the subscription run out and buy the full feature sets with each major upgrade.

Of course, there really is so much we don't know. Faithlife intends to continue with the ownership model, but, financially, I'm not sure how long they can sustain that. Hopefully, they will do so for those of us who have plenty of books and FL can continue to grow their subscription side of the ledger with new customers.

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:17 AM

Thanks for the explanation. I'm not sure how much the Coupon is worth towards Logos 8, so that means a call to Home Office. As you say, it can be a tough(er) call but it's up to me to see what I actually need and do not. 

Posts 924
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:19 AM

Indeed, it is. I don't think there is a bad choice.

Posts 241
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:31 AM

Bootjack:

One thing to consider is I am not sure the features will update between versions, at least not with any regularity under Connect. Inbetween updates are not mentioned as a feature on the charts, and some of Bob's posts suggest this goal turned out to be a problem to maintain. I don't know if there has been any official word on this from Faithlife, but since this seems to be potentially your biggest deciding factor on a subscription, you might want to get a specific answer from Faithlife before you make your decision.

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:31 AM

Bootjack:

Thanks for the explanation. I'm not sure how much the Coupon is worth towards Logos 8, so that means a call to Home Office. As you say, it can be a tough(er) call but it's up to me to see what I actually need and do not. 

I’m confused; I was under the impression you had already used the coupon to buy the Logos 7 full feature set. I’m probably mixing you up with someone else.

It’s doubtful that Customer Service/Sales would tell you how much the Logos 8 full feature set would cost, even if they knew. Plus dynamic pricing muddies the waters.

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:38 AM

Danwdoo, a call to Home Office is certainly the only way to clear this up. Yasmin, you are correct, I did use "a" Coupon to buy Logos 7 Full Feature Set.

But I also got a notice saying if I was not happy remaining with FLC, then I could call Home Office before the end of this month and they would provide a coupon code toward the purchase of a base package, feature set, or library. 

Now whether that Coupon can be used towards Logos 8 is still up in the air and I won't know for sure till I decide to give them a call. And I agree, they're not going to inform me as to how much Logos 8 will cost, one reason being, they in all likelihood don't know themselves. 

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:48 AM

Bootjack:

Danwdoo, a call to Home Office is certainly the only way to clear this up. Yasmin, you are correct, I did use "a" Coupon to buy Logos 7 Full Feature Set.

But I also got a notice saying if I was not happy remaining with FLC, then I could call Home Office before the end of this month and they would provide a coupon code toward the purchase of a base package, feature set, or library. 

Now whether that Coupon can be used towards Logos 8 is still up in the air and I won't know for sure till I decide to give them a call. And I agree, they're not going to inform me as to how much Logos 8 will cost, one reason being, they in all likelihood don't know themselves. 

If you already used your coupon (whether $100 or $200) I doubt you'll be getting another one. Remember, Faithlife cancelled the coupons though some people (like yourself) had already used them before Bob's announcement Faithlife was creating a special plan for Logos Now subscribers. What their latest email is basically saying is if you do not like the plan they created, they will (re)issue the coupon to you. Of course, I take this to mean they will reissue it to those of us who had not used it yet.

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:52 AM

And you could very well be correct. The notice I got though, was unlike the first one. That gave me a Code to use. 

This is different in that it is saying if I do not like FLC, I can use this for the purchase of the base package, feature set etc.

But as said, I could be misinterpreting this altogether. What you say makes sense Yasmin. 

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 11:05 AM

Ok, I just called Home Office and they told me to delete that latest email. Apparently, it was in essence the same as I received before but in very different words. Here's what it said,

"As you probably heard, we recently announced some changes to the way we’re migrating Logos Now customers to the new subscription Faithlife Connect.

We wanted to let you know that we migrated your Logos Now subscription to Faithlife Connect Essentials (No Library). We created this new level of Faithlife Connect with Logos Now customers in mind. It includes all the Logos features, plus the additional Faithlife Connect benefits, all at the Logos Now annual rate ($99.99/yr).

No action is required on your part.

If after experiencing Faithlife Connect you decide it’s not for you, give us a call before March 31 and we’ll provide a coupon code toward the purchase of a base package, feature set, or library.

To view the current status of your subscription, visit this page. And you can get started with your Faithlife Connect benefits immediately." (End Quote) 

Now that I've passed myself as a total fool, I think I'll crawl under the nearest coffee table and tell myself I'm normal. 

Posts 924
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 11:11 AM

Confusion needed clearing up, Bootjack, and you went to the source and got it cleared up. That is wisdom in my opinion. Come out from under the coffee table and enjoy a good book. Smile

Posts 448
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 11:19 AM

I could always say "I didn't post what I just posted" but that obviously won't work. And the first book I grabbed was a colouring book, so I think I'll just take a leisurely stroll down memory lane instead!  :-} 

Posts 4
George Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:37 PM

Thank you very much, Bob.  My faith is restored, and my pocket is relieved!  I accept your apology. We all "miss it" sometimes.

G. Eagle

Posts 24
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2018 9:46 AM

Have any previous Logos Now users gotten an email yet about the grandfathered in price?

Page 11 of 13 (251 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > | RSS