Search Problem

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Wesley Hamm | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 2 2018 1:59 PM
Yesterday, I search for "Joseph" restricting my search to the Old Testament. I was looking to see if the Psalm 105:17 reference to Joseph would show up. It didn't. I tried reporting it but I seem to be in some type of customer service loop. Does anyone else have problems with search failing to capture all possibility's?
Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 2:28 PM

Wesley Hamm:
Yesterday, I search for "Joseph" restricting my search to the Old Testament. I was looking to see if the Psalm 105:17 reference to Joseph would show up. It didn't.

It does work for me in a search restricted to OT in all of my English bibles. Can you share a screenshot of what you tried?

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2
Wesley Hamm | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 9:47 AM

I was looking in the OT search also. Below is what I found this morning when I scrolled to the bottom of the "Fuzzy Search" screen. The Paslm 105:17 and other verses were listed at the bottom. However, under the "Bible Search" screen, it listed the Genesis verses with footnote of 3 verses ( 2 in Genesis and 1 in Ob 18).

How did you get the display which you found in your search?

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 10:30 AM

Wesley - I am not following your question. It may be helpful for you to post a screenshot of your search so we can "see what you see." 

See this helpful website: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/windows.html 

To submit a screenshot in the forums, use the paperclip icon and navigate to the pic. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 563
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 11:13 AM

Wesley, try duplicating with this Step by Step guide

1. Select Bible search
  2. Select All Bible Text in Old Testament in English Bibles
  3. Choose search term
  4. Choose how you want the search results displayed (we have selected Grid view)
  5. Scroll with this bar
  6. Select next page of search results here

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 17962
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:50 PM

Wesley Hamm:
Yesterday, I search for "Joseph" restricting my search to the Old Testament. I was looking to see if the Psalm 105:17 reference to Joseph would show up.

Welcome Big Smile

Old Testament has many Joseph's:

<Person Joseph (patriarch)> OR <Person Joseph (musician)> OR <Person Joseph (descendant of Issachar)> OR <Person Joseph (son of Zechariah)> OR <Person Joseph (descendant of Binnui)> OR <Person Joseph (great-grandfather of Judith)> OR <Person Joseph (Ne. 12:14)>

Psalms 105 has six verses with <Person Joseph (patriarch)>

Wesley Hamm:
It didn't.

Likewise would like to see screen shot. Logos wiki has => Screenshot

JT (alabama24):

Added take-a-screenshot.org to => Screenshot

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS