Resource Hiding - Desktop App and Faithlife Ebooks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 5 2018 1:40 PM

When I hide something in Logos, it gets hidden in Faithlife Ebooks.

I have no use for all the monographs I have collected over the years and so I hid them. But I would like to read them in Faithlife Ebooks but they don't show up there anymore.

What I would like is for only Bibles and Monographs to show in FL Ebooks, and monographs and other things I don't want to be hidden in the Logos desktop program.

I can't find a way to do this. Am I missing something? 

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 21973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 1:59 PM

Sorry but because of the way resources sync between apps and platforms if you hide them on the desktop you won’t be able to see the, in the mobile apps.

Posts 2097
LogosEmployee

One partial solution would be to create a collection using the filter: * ANDNOT type:monograph

Then in the library, change the collection filter (located just to the right of the filter box) to your new collection. In this way, you won't see any monographs in your Bible. This setting will be remembered so that you don't need to keep restoring it.

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 9:56 AM

That is a great suggestion, Andrew. I appreciate it.

One thing is that there are a few books tagged as monograph that I do use. For instance, "Hard Sayings of the Bible" is marked as a monograph (I think it should be tagged as a commentary). 

What I REALLY want to be able to do is filter only the monographs inside Faithlife Ebooks. Then I could see what books I want to read and not have to scroll through a 1500 books (or whatever my full library is).

Thanks again for the suggestion; I have really never learned collections properly.

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 27765
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 10:04 AM

Jerry Bush:
One thing is that there are a few books tagged as monograph that I do use

Jerry Bush:
I have really never learned collections properly.

One option is to create a collection based on the general rule, and then to manually create exceptions. 

Jerry Bush:
What I REALLY want to be able to do is filter only the monographs inside Faithlife Ebooks.

Not quite the same thing, but there is a "switch" you can flip which will hide all non "Faithlife eBook" titles. Doing so would also hide all Logos Edition monographs. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS