2018 March Madness - Individual Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
DaveR | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:16 AM

A number of people will purchase a commentary set at March-Madness prices.

A lot of us won't. Either because we can't afford an entire set, we prefer selecting individual authors, we're focused on a particular testament, book, or other part of the Bible. Etc.

Please consider offering the individual volumes at 10% less discount than the respective set's March-Madness sale price. (E.g., Round 1 individual titles for 25% off rather than the set discount of 35% off.)

I think this would be a win/win for all.  Thanks!

Posts 1025
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 8:27 AM

I don’t think they can but there is dynamic pricing so you don’t pay for what you own

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 7
Phillip Chong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:01 AM

Yes please! There are so many individual volumes I would buy. I doubt I'll buy any of the sets even with dynamic pricing.

Posts 458
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:15 AM

Phillip Chong:

Yes please! There are so many individual volumes I would buy. I doubt I'll buy any of the sets even with dynamic pricing.

Yes... I would buy individual volumes but not the whole set...Crying

Posts 654
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 8:53 AM

Yes

Phillip Chong:

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 2902
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:57 AM

Keith Pang:
there is dynamic pricing so you don’t pay for what you own

That's not the problem. The problem is having to buy stuff you don't want.

I liken this to the old days of buying LPs and CDs. Sometimes a group would have a hit song (so called "one-hit wonder") and you'd have to pay for the whole album (of junk) to get the one hit song.  Difference is, an album was about ten bucks. These sets are significantly more than that.

I bought into the, "just buy it to get the one you want" mentality as an early Logos user. I found out later how bad a personal philosophy this was (for me), and now I have hundreds of volumes (for which I've paid) that I've never used and never will use, and that clog up searches and slow things down.

As a long-term Logos user, I'll say that bundling is always bad.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1025
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 12:44 PM

Doc B:

Keith Pang:
there is dynamic pricing so you don’t pay for what you own

That's not the problem. The problem is having to buy stuff you don't want.

I liken this to the old days of buying LPs and CDs. Sometimes a group would have a hit song (so called "one-hit wonder") and you'd have to pay for the whole album (of junk) to get the one hit song.  Difference is, an album was about ten bucks. These sets are significantly more than that.

I bought into the, "just buy it to get the one you want" mentality as an early Logos user. I found out later how bad a personal philosophy this was (for me), and now I have hundreds of volumes (for which I've paid) that I've never used and never will use, and that clog up searches and slow things down.

As a long-term Logos user, I'll say that bundling is always bad.

Great points, thanks for helping me to see the other perspective. I usually just bought sets that were cheap even though there may be some volumes that may not be that good.

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 201
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 1:44 PM

Phillip Chong:

If I had the option to purchase individual volumes at discounts comparable to those offered for the commentary sets, I would likely spend more. The only commentary sets I am likely to purchase are ones in which I already own almost all of the volumes except newer ones from the past 2-3 years (e.g., Opening Up Commentary, Pillar NT, NAC, etc.). I just cannot afford entire commentary sets, especially sets that are even in their quality from volume to volume, and I imagine I am not alone.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 121
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 2:54 PM

I know that everyone wanted a change from the authors March Madness, but this chance is not interesting at all. I get to buy a whole set of commentaries which is beyond my budget and even at a maximum discount of 60%, I am still paying more per volume than previous sales that I got on the other volumes I have in the set. I know what you are saying about getting individual volumes, but the price is still not that great on most of these compared to the past. I may find myself not buying anything at all from this sale.

Posts 11
DaveR | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 24 2018 4:40 PM

I'm very happy that after March Madness, Logos put individual commentaries on sale at 50% off.  The notice today was "Sale Ending" -- soon, I suppose.

Here's the link:

https://www.logos.com/commentary-sale

Cheers,
David

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS