Bring on the New Journals!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 12 2018 8:13 AM

It's March 12th. Time to start shiping those NEW Journals! 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 9:23 AM

John Kight:

It's March 12th. Time to start shiping those NEW Journals! 

Looking forward to them!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2114
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 9:38 AM

Just received the email.  They are ready to download.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 10:21 AM

Yes

Posts 9567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 10:30 AM

Mine are just finishing indexing now!

Now it's time to start adding tags to them all. That will occupy a few evenings. Stick out tongue

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 363
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 2:44 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Now it's time to start adding tags to them all. That will occupy a few evenings. Stick out tongue

Bruce,

How are you tagging them? Per journal or per the articles in each journal?

Posts 9567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 6:38 PM

Charlene:

Bruce Dunning:

Bruce,

How are you tagging them? Per journal or per the articles in each journal?

I take the time to open each issue and look at the topic of each article and tag the resource accordingly. It takes a lot of time but I think it is much better in the end. A side benefit is that I familiarize myself with each issue and tag certain issues “BooksToRead” to add them to my list. I’ve tagged all the resources in my library this way.

Posts 363
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 11:19 PM

Bruce Dunning:
I take the time to open each issue and look at the topic of each article and tag the resource accordingly. It takes a lot of time but I think it is much better in the end. A side benefit is that I familiarize myself with each issue and tag certain issues “BooksToRead” to add them to my list. I’ve tagged all the resources in my library this way.

Good for you! I didn't do this with my journals. Wish I had thought to do so! Might start with this bunch. Unfortunately, school starts back up next week, so I might not have the time right now.

Thanks!

Posts 9567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 5:00 AM

Charlene:
Good for you! I didn't do this with my journals. Wish I had thought to do so! Might start with this bunch. Unfortunately, school starts back up next week, so I might not have the time right now.

Just make it a long-term project in between all your schoolwork or afterward.

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:36 AM

Bruce Dunning:

and tag certain issues “BooksToRead” to add them to my list. I’ve tagged all the resources in my library this way.

This is a good idea. It will take a long time but I can see the benefits of it

Posts 9567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:48 AM

Dave Thawley:

Bruce Dunning:

and tag certain issues “BooksToRead” to add them to my list. I’ve tagged all the resources in my library this way.

This is a good idea. It will take a long time but I can see the benefits of it

Yes

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 12:15 PM

Bruce Dunning:

This is a great idea! I'm always lamenting that I have no idea what is lurking in my journals and this is a super way to remedy that.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 12:22 PM

This got me thinking, is there any data around how "Tags" impact performance (i.e. if a resource has 25+ tags, will it negatively impact the speed of the program)? I know having a large number of "Collections" has been identified as a performance hindrance.  

Posts 4518
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2018 4:14 PM

Still hoping my tjl upgrade ships today :)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS