Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 68
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 16 2018 11:23 PM

Hi,

I was a Logos Now subscriber, but recently allowed the subscription to lapse. I bought the Full Feature Set back when I bought my Logos 7 upgrade.

I have just received my email for Connect Essentials no library at the grandfathered price. When looking on the website the regular Connect Essentials package lists Bible study magazine, I assume a digital logos version,  as  included In the subscription, but the email I received does not mention this.

My question is, could someone who has subscribed to Logos Connect Essentials-(no library). confirm whether the digital version of bible study magazine is included or not? I am considering re-subscribing under this offer and getting access to bible study magazine would probably be the deal maker for me, along with the 2 courses etc.

One other question, the email mentions a 2% reward on previous year. I am assuming that means Logos credit to the value of 2% of my purchases over the last 12 months, is that correct? The email is a bit thin on detail.

i appreciate any advice, as I really am serious considering thinking about re-subscribing.

Thank you.

Blessings

Duncan

Posts 981
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2018 11:31 PM

Duncan Campbell:
could someone who has subscribed to Logos Connect Essentials-(no library). confirm whether the digital version of bible study magazine is included or not?

Yes, it is. As I understand it, however, it is only the current year. In other words, once the 2019 magazine comes out, 2018 will be unavailable.

Sorry, I don't have any clarification for you on the 2%.

Posts 68
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2018 11:33 PM

Thanks Reuben.

Posts 26127
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2018 4:09 AM

Reuben Helmuth:
As I understand it, however, it is only the current year.

I have not read this. Do you remember where you did? 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 194
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2018 4:46 AM

Duncan Campbell:

My question is, could someone who has subscribed to Logos Connect Essentials-(no library). confirm whether the digital version of bible study magazine is included or not? I am considering re-subscribing under this offer and getting access to bible study magazine would probably be the deal maker for me...

Yes. Specifically, this is the resource I currently have access to: https://www.logos.com/product/150251/bible-study-magazine-volume-10

Posts 955
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2018 5:06 AM

JT (alabama24):

Reuben Helmuth:
As I understand it, however, it is only the current year.

I have not read this. Do you remember where you did? 

From my understanding of Chris' post below (found here), Essentials should receive access to both the archive and the current issues:

Chris duMond (Faithlife):

Logos Editions of BSM are included as part of Faithlife Connect Starter and Faithlife Connect Essentials and above. 

Faithlife Connect Starter subscribers will get the current volume/year (6 issues of 2018) of Logos Editions of BSM, which means all issues of the current calendar year, as they are released. When the next volume (calendar year 2019) comes out, the previous volume (2018) will disappear and Connect Starter subscribers will get the current volume (2019) as they are released.  

Faithlife Connect Essentials subscribers (and above) will get the current volume/year (6 issues of 2018) of Logos Editions of BSM as they are released, as well as all back issues of Logos Editions of BSM.

We are still producing all the back issues and will include them in Connect Essentials when they are complete. We didn't include this in marketing materials prior to launch as we were still developing this at the time we needed to have designs and everything ready. You'll start to see more about this in emails, the Connect home page and likely as a line item on the Connect Pricing page. 

For Essentials, will both current and archive issues stay in our library is another question altogether.

(I hate how the forum software squashes up paragraphs in quoted posts.)

Posts 981
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2018 11:27 PM

My apologies! I was stuck (in this area) to the pre-adjustment days when I was on Starter! I believe it was Chris’s post that I had read, but now I couldn’t find it and the FC pricing sheet doesn’t indicate a difference. According to Chris’s post I do believe the back issues will stay in our librar, but probably only while we subscribe since the current issue is showing a temporary license in my library. 

Posts 68
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 17 2018 11:45 PM

Thanks for all the help guys.

I have taken the Connect Essentials (no library) subscription, and am really enjoying having Bible Study magazine again, and also, there seems to be more content in Faithlife TV than the last time I looked.I have already made savings of more than the first year’s subscription with my March free books.

Interestingly, although I used to be a Logos Now subscriber, and as a result got the grandfathered price, as I hadn’t tried Connect before, it goes through with a 14 day free trial before I am charged. Paying the subscription monthly is also available, as it was when Now first launched before they moved to annual only. The extra charge for monthly is minimal, works out at about $108 over the year instead of $99 but you are only tied in on a month to month basis.

I got clarification on how the 2% works when on the phone to customer service. This will be credit of 2% of purchases made between now and next February ( a year) applied to the Logos account. However this credit cannot be used towards the renewal of any subscription such as Faithlife Connect. It needs to be used for purchases.

Blessings

Duncan

Posts 194
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2018 1:50 AM

Duncan Campbell:

I got clarification on how the 2% works when on the phone to customer service. This will be credit of 2% of purchases made between now and next February ( a year) applied to the Logos account. However this credit cannot be used towards the renewal of any subscription such as Faithlife Connect. It needs to be used for purchases.

Welcome to Connect! And thanks for letting us know about the 2% credit. Smile

Posts 88
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2018 3:19 AM

Could someone show me how to get to the magazines.  I have Essentials and when I go to the magazine I only get the major articles.

Thanks, 

Posts 68
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 18 2018 6:07 AM

When I type “Bible Study Magazine” into my library search box on the iOS app, the resource “Bible Study Magazine volume 10” shows up and the 2 magazines so far this year show up in there.

Duncan

Posts 487
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 5:02 AM

Duncan Campbell:

I have already made savings of more than the first year’s subscription with my March free books.

Can anyone tell me if the free Faithlife books are on a temporary license (only available while subscribing like BSM) or if they would be permanently mine to own? Thanks.

Posts 26127
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 5:24 AM

Gordon Jones:
Can anyone tell me if the free Faithlife books are on a temporary license (only available while subscribing like BSM) or if they would be permanently mine to own?

I'm not sure which books you are referring to, so I don't know how to answer. There are two "Free to Own" books each month which you select from a list (and use a coupon code to purchase). Those are permanent. There is also "preview" resources each month, which you DON'T choose from. Those are temporary. 

As for the free "classics" books, I systematically acquired the Chesterton Collection. I am now working on Works of the Wesleys. 

Posts 487
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:58 AM

JT (alabama24):

There are two "Free to Own" books each month which you select from a list (and use a coupon code to purchase). Those are permanent.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering about. Yes

Posts 496
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 11:40 AM

So, I have BSM 10, Nov.-Dec. and Jan.-Feb.

When do we get Mar.-Apr. and May-Jun.? Do they have to make a special run to digitize it? I would think they would create it that way to avoid doing it twice.

Dale Heath

Posts 1257
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 12:58 PM

I also only got one issue of BSM in my library. Do we have to do certain steps to get them downloaded?

Faithlife?

Posts 26127
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 2:57 PM

PL:
I also only got one issue of BSM in my library.

You should have one volume, with two issues, showing as one resource in your library. 

Posts 68
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 8:54 PM

In my Bible Study Magazine I am still showing March/April and May/June as ‘forthcoming’.

Does anyone have access to these yet, and if so, did you have to do anything to initiate their availability, as I really want to read them.

I’m using the iPad app.

Blessings

Duncan

Posts 26127
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 9:10 PM

No update. 

Posts 1715
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2018 6:12 AM

Faithlife, can you please give us an update on this?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS