Change default commentary

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 3 2010 7:35 PM

Hello,

I've recently acquired the Lutheran Study Bible and would like to make it the Commentary that appears in the passage guide window when first opening it. I've made it the highest-priority commentary, and it is the first one *listed* under commentary, but I still have another volume appearing in the window when I first input a new passage. Is there a way I can change this?

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2010 12:37 PM

Christopher:

What passage are you searching for? If the commentary doesn't cover that citation, or area it very well might be that it would not show up because of that fact.

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 1:37 PM

It's consistent across every passage I've tried. What I want to be my priority commentary is a study Bible, which covers every section of the Scriptures.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 1:55 PM

Christopher:

So that I can attempt to reproduce what you are experiencing could you tell me in detail all the variables of your search (including where in L4 you are searching, the citation, what books you want to be involved etc.)

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 2:30 PM

Sure. From the Home Page, I type "Psalm 39" (not in the command bar, but in the box beneath), which takes me to the Passage Guide. It opens in a three-pane view (one long pane on the left with the passage guide, and two panes to the right - on the top are some Bibles I have prioritized - ESV, NKJ, Lexham LXX Interlinear, Logos LXX, BHS/WHM 4.2, and on the bottom it opens to the Concordia Self-Study Commentary.) What I want is for that bottom-right pane to open the Lutheran Study Bible on the bottom. That is the work that is highest in priority among commentaries; in fact, it is the third-highest priority in my list, right after LSB 1-Year Lectionary and ESV.

Thanks for your help; let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

+Christopher

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 2:34 PM

I had an idea while typing the previous message. As an experiment, I removed the Concordia Self-Study Commentary from my priority list altogether and then resubmitted the search. This time, instead of the Concordia Self-Study Commentary, the bottom-right pane had the Apologetics Study Bible. I'm wondering if Logos isn't treating the Lutheran Study Bible as a "commentary"?

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 3:37 PM

Christopher:

I tried this on the Windows version. I noticed the book in question showing up under Commentaries, but would not allow me to prioritize. I spoke with the Q/A lead and she thinks it is a bug so she is filing it. I will as well on the Mac side.

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 1:26 PM

Thanks. Just a quick update: it's still behaving in the same manner in Alpha 20.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 2:10 PM

Christopher:

I'm not sure when exactly this will be fixed but it is not an issue with Logos but with the way the book was put together. They have to rebuild it in order for it to work properly.

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 2:48 PM

Thanks Tommy. That's helpful for me to understand. I appreciate it.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 2:58 PM

You're welcome. Smile

Posts 2
Samuel Chase Replogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 5:01 PM

Just curious. I came across this thread and am having the exact same problem only I am trying to set my new ESV study bible notes as the default commentary. Was a solution ever found?

Thanks,

Chase Replogle

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:19 PM

Samuel Chase Replogle:

Just curious. I came across this thread and am having the exact same problem only I am trying to set my new ESV study bible notes as the default commentary. Was a solution ever found?

Prioritizing Library resources appears to work in Logos 4 Mac Release Candidate 3:

Wiki page has Library prioritizing information => http://wiki.logos.com/Library

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
Samuel Chase Replogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:34 PM

Ya, it works to prioritize the list of commentaries in the passage guide, but I have placed the ESV study notes at the top of the priority list and yet the IVP commentary series opens in the panel beneath my bible panel.  For some reason the ESV Notes aren't being recognized as the default commentary to open when i search. 

Is that making sense?

Thanks,

Chase Replogle

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:31 PM

Samuel Chase Replogle:
Is that making sense?

Apologies - not know how to replicate.  In my Passage Guide, clicking on "The ESV Study Bible" in commentary list opens ESV study notes to search.

Curious screen shot - IVP Commentary and ESV Bible show Link Set A on resource icons, but have different verse references (not match Passage Guide search).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS