Win $100 Logos credit...

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 17633
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2018 9:07 AM

Bob Pritchett:
A useful product might be a single phone number, administered over the web, with the ability to set a message, and then either speak audio clips or forward to other phone numbers based on voice/number input. With all of these features controlled by time of day.

Another idea is helping Love One Another in Prayer plus sharing abundance with those in need (hopefully with some wise discrimination between want and need).

Thankful for greatest communication being a personal relationship with God Big Smile who knows each of us by name along with our needs. Do like Rejoicing with those who are Rejoicing and Weeping with those who are Weeping.

Challenge is how to look up from technology devices to see God and other people as God Loves everyone.

abondservant:

Nick:

I know the technology is probably cost prohibitive, but I am really looking forward to automated attendance tracking using facial recognition...  Just putting that out there ;)

IF this could be done discreetly, so that it didn't look like the inside of a prison (or whatever) then that would be interesting. But not really interested in having big ugly cameras in the worship space.

Cameras could be discreetly placed, which is happening in many public places. Noticed non-discreet cameras in several grocery stores with video screens that beep when you walk in the aisle (to help reduce stealing from shelves). FYI: grocery cameras are more noticeable than ones in prison.

Paul:
My own approach is quite simple - the minute any church I attend uses facial recognition software or tries to use technology to surveils its members, then I will leave. 

Observation: carrying a cell phone already lets your phone provider know where you are (signal strength shows on your phone for communication with cell towers). Using mobile apps provides opportunities for location tracking to a wider audience. Also having WiFi enabled provides more tracking (along with better location accuracy).

Retail restaurants and stores have reward programs that track personal usage. Some have mobile apps with Tap to check in. Church attendance on a mobile app where you choose to check in could be a possibility along with public Prayer & Praises plus relationship reminders (getting older has its opportunities to forget more)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 391
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2018 8:33 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Paul:
My own approach is quite simple - the minute any church I attend uses facial recognition software or tries to use technology to surveils its members, then I will leave. 

Observation: carrying a cell phone already lets your phone provider know where you are (signal strength shows on your phone for communication with cell towers). Using mobile apps provides opportunities for location tracking to a wider audience. Also having WiFi enabled provides more tracking (along with better location accuracy).

Retail restaurants and stores have reward programs that track personal usage. Some have mobile apps with Tap to check in. Church attendance on a mobile app where you choose to check in could be a possibility along with public Prayer & Praises plus relationship reminders (getting older has its opportunities to forget more)

Thanks KS4J - The points you make are well founded regarding mobile phones, WiFi and the reward programs.   These raise privacy problems in our day. My practice is to keep my mobile phone switched off until I need to use it.  I never take a mobile phone into church. I am not a member of a rewards program for a supermarket or restaurant. I'm also aware of these issues as I spent several decades as a lawyer in a law enforcement agency - which used every form of technology you might imagine. Law enforcement has a job to do too.

Yet the increasing spread of intrusive technologies used by commercial entities now means a serious diminishing of individual privacy - and for convenience many will go along with it. Churches that use surveillance methods on their members without having a serious personal safety or law enforcement reason, disrespect and demean their members. Someone recording when I enter or leave a church, my behavior in that place or to identify me to their people for an administrative purpose is not in real relationship with me. Why would I worship God in such a place?  Keep well Paul               

Posts 1670
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 5:22 PM

Thank you for participating! The three winners have been chosen, and will be emailed about their $100 credit soon. 

I really appreciate the feedback -- it's very helpful!

-- Bob

Posts 2851
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 6:48 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Thank you for participating! The three winners have been chosen, and will be emailed about their $100 credit soon. 

I really appreciate the feedback -- it's very helpful!

-- Bob

Wish I had seen this sooner, but I went ahead and took the survey for you anyway Bob! :)

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1489
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 1:18 AM

Bob Pritchett:
The three winners have been chosen, and will be emailed ... soon

Still haven't gotten the email... ðŸĪŠ

Posts 1973
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 3:04 AM

I have been keeping an eye on mine too.  You never know!

Posts 49
Kason | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 6:39 AM

I was one of the winners! Thanks so much!

Posts 5942
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 7:38 AM

Kason:

Congratulations! In the past it was someone who never even posted in the forums. Enjoy your price! 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 9684
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 7:59 AM

Paul:

I'm also aware of these issues as I spent several decades as a lawyer in a law enforcement agency - which used every form of technology you might imagine. Law enforcement has a job to do too.            

This reminded me of the news article this Easter, about new technologies for encouraging your child to attend church. The mother taser'd her son. Apparently, the son was not amused, and the authorites became involved. But the mother seemed unrepentent, happily quoting the Bible (without the taser).

(this thread seemed to survive 2 parallel discussions, and happily, 3 winners!)

Posts 1973
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 2:58 PM

Kason:

Congrats Kason. Enjoy Smile

Posts 145
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 6:55 PM

Yeah...I think my email got lost in delivery. Roll Eyes

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS