Tool to EASILY prioritize commentaries for individual books of the BIble

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 1 2018 4:38 AM

I would love to see Faithlife include a tool for Logos that makes it easy to quickly prioritize commentaries for individual books of the Bible. Yes, I know this can already be done with advanced prioritization, but I am envisioning something even more simple. For example, I would like to open the tool, click on a button for Genesis, and then it open up a customizable number of blank, numbered slots. I could then drag favorite commentaries from my library to fill up these slots in the order I want them prioritized. Then I could click Exodus, Leviticus, etc., and do the same. I would want the settings from this tool to override all other prioritization settings.

Taking this idea to its logical conclusion, I wish this method of prioritization could be used throughout Logos. There would be a button for Bibles I could press and then easily prioritize Bibles. There would be buttons for Greek words, Hebrew words, English words, etc.

Posts 1455
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 5:02 AM

Sounds overly user-friendly

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 6:24 AM

Matthew:

I would love to see Faithlife include a tool for Logos that makes it easy to quickly prioritize commentaries for individual books of the Bible. Yes, I know this can already be done with advanced prioritization, but I am envisioning something even more simple. For example, I would like to open the tool, click on a button for Genesis, and then it open up a customizable number of blank, numbered slots. I could then drag favorite commentaries from my library to fill up these slots in the order I want them prioritized. Then I could click Exodus, Leviticus, etc., and do the same. I would want the settings from this tool to override all other prioritization settings.

Taking this idea to its logical conclusion, I wish this method of prioritization could be used throughout Logos. There would be a button for Bibles I could press and then easily prioritize Bibles. There would be buttons for Greek words, Hebrew words, English words, etc.

This sounds excellent.

Posts 18013
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 10:35 AM

Matthew:
I would love to see Faithlife include a tool for Logos that makes it easy to quickly prioritize commentaries for individual books of the Bible. Yes, I know this can already be done with advanced prioritization, but I am envisioning something even more simple.

For commentaries on individual volumes, annoyance for Prioritize this resource is placement at bottom of list, which has to be followed by drag and drop into desired location.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS