Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 216
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 1 2018 12:12 PM

I seem to recall that I read somewhere that the list of titles to choose a "Faithlife Original ebook" from would be refreshed each month. But it looks like I haven't seen it change since February; it's still the same list.

Does anyone know if we can expect this list to be refreshed or if I should choose again from the same list?  

Posts 235
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:10 AM

Bump! Same question here, FL!

Posts 981
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:16 AM

Same here. And are there seriously only 21 titles to choose from or is there a problem with my account or something?

Posts 884
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:32 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Same here. And are there seriously only 21 titles to choose from or is there a problem with my account or something?

On the one hand it is only the first and a rather major holiday so the "refresh" might not be done yet. I'd give it some time.

On the other hand--it is a very limited list to begin with.

On a similar line, I went ahead and got my free "classics" book--a series I'm trying to complete before my subscription runs out. This is the first time doing it through ebooks.faithlife.com rather than logos.com The author (Francis Hall) was not listed in the side bar results narrower. I had to search manually for him, but the coupon did work in checkout after I found the volume.

This new store interface seems to have a lot of problems and is rather offputting to more serious users.

Additionally, the free preview book for April is shown as being the Lexham Bible Guide for 1 Peter. I'm in the minority in that I liked the multiple, varied sets that Logos Now offered on preview each month; some months I went on some serious reading marathons. Now it's confirmed that it is only going to be one book. This a major change from what Logos Now offered that has largely gone uncommented on and one that is disappointing for me. I'm glad I took the full feature set and am content to let my subscription lapse.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 92
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 7:42 AM

Same here, hoping this list is refreshed this month...Faithlife? 

I tried another Lexham published book that wasn't on the list and the code didn't work. Crying 

Posts 2485
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 11:49 AM

I'm curious as well.  I remember reading on the forums that the originals would be rotated but as earlier mentioned we are on Month 3 with no rotation yet. 

Posts 981
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:21 PM

It got refreshed because ECC Ezra n Nehemiah is now there and hadn’t been. 

Posts 955
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:22 PM

I'm checking now and I don't know if it's my imagination but the list seems to have been tweaked a little. I'm seeing less greyed out items.

Posts 2485
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:29 PM

Agreed. They swapped out a few titles. I grabbed the illustrations one

Posts 4683
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 2:15 PM

They have no swapped a few, glad I waited as found one near the end of the list, one of the few I didn’t already own that caught my attention.

Posts 884
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 5:26 PM

Do these books not have a "Look Inside" feature or am I just not seeing it?

ETA: Logos.com has sample pages but not the new FL store. Sad

Posts 2485
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 6:19 AM

I wonder if FL plans to swap out titles monthly or every couple of months?  It is too early to tell if they will swap some out this month but I hope they do

Posts 194
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 6:36 AM

Mattillo:

I wonder if FL plans to swap out titles monthly or every couple of months?  It is too early to tell if they will swap some out this month but I hope they do

I'm already seeing some books that were not here last month.

The list is also missing some books that were here last month.

Posts 494
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 6:43 AM

Though the codes haven't been updated yet, and while swapping in MAY for APR in the code is recognised as a voucher, it's not making any change to the price.

Posts 1004
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 6:44 AM

This is one "benefit" that I am confused about. I had the old Logos Now, now are there 2 free books each month? One "ebook" and one "classic?" Or just one???

I seem to remember a page where you could see the code.....can anyone point me to that page. Thanks

Posts 494
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 7:05 AM

https://connect.faithlife.com/get-started 

Click on Ebooks from the section in the screenshot below and choose your package level (presumably you're on Essentials, unless you chose otherwise) to get the codes:

Posts 487
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 8:24 AM

James McAdams:

Though the codes haven't been updated yet, and while swapping in MAY for APR in the code is recognised as a voucher, it's not making any change to the price.

I was able to get my 'Classic' book for May but not a FaithLife 'Original'. Hopefully it will be activated soon.

Posts 884
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 8:29 AM

Sean:

On a similar line, I went ahead and got my free "classics" book--a series I'm trying to complete before my subscription runs out. This is the first time doing it through ebooks.faithlife.com rather than logos.com The author (Francis Hall) was not listed in the side bar results narrower. I had to search manually for him, but the coupon did work in checkout after I found the volume.

This new store interface seems to have a lot of problems and is rather offputting to more serious users.

This problem persists this month.

Posts 884
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 8:34 AM

Gordon Jones:
I was able to get my 'Classic' book for May but not a FaithLife 'Original'. Hopefully it will be activated soon.

I got my original.

The selection is very limited. There was only one title that interested me.

Posts 494
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 8:54 AM

I added the EEC Ezra & Nehemiah volume from the list this morning (with the code manually altered for this month) and then proceeded to refresh the page roughly once every 15-20 minutes for the next 7 hours till I could get the code to work.

I spotted that someone else had managed to get just that volume a few minutes ago for free on Facebook, so decided to try removing and adding it to see if that helped, only to discover that it's been removed from the list. Gutted. No idea how the other fella managed it!

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS