Include the Apocrypha with the Good News Translation

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 1 2018 6:35 PM

For some reason, Logos sells the GNT without the Apocrypha. Can we get this updated?

Here is the "complete" book list of the GNT at Bible Gateway. Also, the UBS Handbooks reference the GNT in its textual commentary on the Apocrypha (note: it labels this translation by its old name TEV).

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 7:03 PM

Apparently, the second edition of the TEV was delivered in two formats – with and without the Deuterocanonicals/Apocrypha. We see which Logos elected to offer.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 55
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 7:09 PM

Josh:

For some reason, Logos sells the GNT without the Apocrypha. Can we get this updated?

Here is the "complete" book list of the GNT at Bible Gateway. Also, the UBS Handbooks reference the GNT in its textual commentary on the Apocrypha (note: it labels this translation by its old name TEV).

Yes

It seems to be available in some Verbum packages. When hovering over the title, however, no additional information shows up. I have not been able to locate it as a stand-alone item in the store.

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 7:59 PM

It does look like Verbum Diamond (!!) and above include this. Hopefully someone at Faithlife will see this and put in a request to include the Apocrypha in all GNT versions. Non-Orthodox Christians study the apocrypha too! I'd like to have more translations to compare.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 11:45 AM

Josh:

It does look like Verbum Diamond (!!) and above include this. Hopefully someone at Faithlife will see this and put in a request to include the Apocrypha in all GNT versions. Non-Orthodox Christians study the apocrypha too! I'd like to have more translations to compare.

Yes Geeked Yes

-dan

Posts 19598
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:39 PM

Josh:
Non-Orthodox Christians study the apocrypha too! I'd like to have more translations to compare.

Classic Studies => Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Biblical Apocrypha / Deuterocanon (42 vols.) includes some translations plus => English Bible Collection has many translations: e.g. Wycliffe, Coverdale (CB), Geneva, ...

1992GNTa is Good News Translation with Apocrypha

Verbum Basic includes Douay-Rheims (1790DRA) Academic Basic includes a few more translations.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2018 3:21 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Josh:
Non-Orthodox Christians study the apocrypha too! I'd like to have more translations to compare.

Classic Studies => Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Biblical Apocrypha / Deuterocanon (42 vols.) includes some translations plus => English Bible Collection has many translations: e.g. Wycliffe, Coverdale (CB), Geneva, ...

Keep Smiling Smile

Thanks. I own the Classic Collection you linked. I was unaware of some of the book translations. I also purchased the REB with Apocrypha. I can deal with the British flavour.

And for all those lurking, this is nice Apocrypha resource to own: https://www.logos.com/product/28436/the-apocrypha-the-lutheran-edition-with-notes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS