SUGGESTION: Add Ability To Add New Note To Any Note File Using Right Click

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 8 2010 10:42 AM

I suggest that Logos add the ability to add a new note - to any existing note file - from the right click menu.

Adding a new note to an existing Note File should be more intuitive and easy.  It doesn't seem to be.

I have several different notes (i.e; Note Files) in Logos 4, and the method for adding a new note to one of them should be more straight forward.

If you right click in the Bible text you only have two entry's: (in 4.0b SR-2)

• Add A Note To General Notes
  • Add A Clipping To My Clippings.

I would like to have the ability to right click anywhere in the text and see a list of my different Note Files - so that I can add a new note to the Note File that I want to add it to.  Quickly, intuitively, and easily.

I shouldn't have to go to the File menu and open the specific Note File I want to add a new note to.  That's not intuitive, or easy.  In fact, it seems like a step backward - not forward. 

If the idea behind Logos 4 is to make things more intuitive and easier to do than in L3, then this is one area that needs improvement.

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 8 2010 10:49 AM

agreed...or at least have a submenu with the five or so most recent files

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 8 2010 3:16 PM

Jacob Hantla:
agreed...or at least have a submenu with the five or so most recent files
That sounds reasonable to me. 

Maybe, they could also add one quick link titled - Open All Note Files - which would open all of your Note Files (collapsed of course by default) in a new tab/pane so that you can navigate through them too. 

And also one titled - Add Note Here - (referring to the location of your mouse cursor) - which would just add an annotation to the verse or phrase in the resource you're reading.

Anything to make it easier to access and navigate.  And the right click menu seems like the most intuitive place to put these links to add various notes and things.

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2010 10:40 PM

Stein Dahl:
If you right click in the Bible text you only have two entry's: (in 4.0b SR-2)

It's now all open notes ... guess how I user layouts (and always have in L4).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS