CBGM: What are the plans if any, for CBGM tools in Logos?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:29 AM

What are the plans if any, for CBGM tools in Logos?

For those who don't know what that is, go watch this YouTube video, starting at about 1:07:00 (that's an hour and seven minutes into the video).  The examples and explanation are about 30 minutes long. The author is using CBGM tools in Accordance for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajStQTjs-gI&index=2&list=PLBby84KboLbHiQEuvQK37IhLGlsUT67gO&t=0s

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 20
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:41 AM

What does CBGM stand for?

Posts 11496
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:48 AM

David Bailey:

http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.de/2014/01/what-does-cbgm-actually-stand-for.html 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 10:06 AM

Doc B:
For those who don't know what that is, go watch this YouTube video, starting at about 1:07:00 (that's an hour and seven minutes into the video).  The examples and explanation are about 30 minutes long. The author is using CBGM tools in Accordance for the video.

CBGM isn't available in Accordance. The video shows an online tool.

This might be a simpler explanation of CBGM: http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/the-cbgm-in-one-sentence.html 

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 11:57 AM

My understanding is that CBGM is being used at INTF for future editions of the GNT. Never knew that they intend to release everything to the public.

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 7:57 PM

Mark Barnes:
CBGM isn't available in Accordance. The video shows an online tool.

Thanks for that clarification, Mark. I missed that.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 7:58 PM

David Bailey:

Coherence-Based Genealogical Method

Posts 20
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 8:24 PM

Doc B:

David Bailey:

Coherence-Based Genealogical Method

Thanks!

Posts 566
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 9:45 AM

A new introductory text to CBGM by Wasserman and Gurry looks helpful for those wanting to learn more about this next textual critical approach.

Posts 1984
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 9:48 AM

Nick Steffen:

A new introductory text to CBGM by Wasserman and Gurry looks helpful for those wanting to learn more about this next textual critical approach.

I'm a few chapters into this book, and it's very helpful not only for understanding CBGM but for a better understanding of the more fundamental aspects of textual criticism. Recommended.

-Donnie

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 11:31 AM

Nick Steffen:

Enough said!  Could I recommend that Logos add this title to their catalog?

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2018 1:43 PM

Lee:
Could I recommend that Logos add this title to their catalog?

Das ist gut! Ja!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS