Finding personal addresses by God

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 6 2018 5:32 AM

Morning! I need some help with a query I can't seem to get correct. I'm looking for every time that God speaks to another person and uses their personal name (or any persons name and I can filter out the incorrect audience if needed). I cannot find an appropriate data set that contains persons name. Can anyone assist?

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 3:44 PM

A search like {Speaker <Person God>} {Addressee <Person Abraham>} will show all instances of God talking to Abraham.

If you want those speeches where God uses his name, then try

Abraham,Abram WITHIN {Speaker <Person God>}

But you will have to filter instances where God is not actually addressing Abraham e.g. Gen 18.17

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 4:04 PM

Dave:

Thanks for the reply. What I really need is a query to pull when God uses anyone’s personal name. In other words, I am looking for anywhere in the Bible God speaks to any other person and uses a personal name in the conversation. 

Posts 2133
LogosEmployee

For the new testament, you might have some luck with {Speaker <Person God>} INTERSECTS <Louw Nida 93>

Or to cover all the persons of God: ({Speaker <Person God>}, {Speaker <Person Jesus>}, {Speaker <Person Holy Spirit>}) INTERSECTS <Louw Nida 93>

I'm not aware of a substitute in the Old Testament for using Louw Nida numbers. You could use morphology, but you'll get a lot of false hits from other proper names: <LogosMorphHeb ~ NP????>

Posts 18009
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 7:07 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Or to cover all the persons of God: ({Speaker <Person God>}, {Speaker <Person Jesus>}, {Speaker <Person Holy Spirit>}) INTERSECTS <Louw Nida 93>

Andersen-Forbes Morphology includes NPH for Noun Proper Human

({Speaker <Person God>} OR {Speaker <Person Jesus>} OR {Speaker <Person Holy Spirit>}) INTERSECTS <AFMorphHeb NPH???>

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 8:57 AM

Thanks all! Worked like a charm :D

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS