Suggestion: Create a collection from a search result

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 10 2010 6:01 AM | Locked

Occasionally I find myself wanting to perform searches within a particular subset of resources. For example, I've just a search of all resources that refer at some point to a particular book that I'm very interested in. But now I want to search just in those resources that met my earlier search request. It would therefore be great if I could create a collection from a search result, which would be pretty simple both from a programming and a UI perspective.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 6:15 AM | Locked

wow..good suggestion! I second this request!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 9:10 AM | Locked

I've submitted your suggestion. Thanks.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 10:04 AM | Locked

Mark, yes!  That is a great idea. Yes

Posts 3780
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 10:11 AM | Locked

Yes!!Big Smile

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 10:30 AM | Locked

Brilliant!  Yes

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 11:10 AM | Locked

That is a great idea! Another idea would be to create a collection from a select number of resources from our search results (maybe via some kind of checkbox or pull-down menu).

I often find that when I am researching I have to open resouces from my search results, even if I am not interested in looking at that resources right at that particular moment. For example, lets say we do a search looking for articles on discipleship, but we only really want to look at articles specifically about the Gospel of Luke. As we are sorting through our results it would be neat to be able to compile a list of resources (or resource locations) which specifically talk about our topic. That way when we are researching we don't have to physically open the fifty best resources we found, but rather we could retain that research in a collection to look through later. Right now the way I work through my results is by opening every article that "looks good" and sorting them into three columns of good, better, and best. It would be nice though to not even half to open the resources.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 32527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 12:16 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
But now I want to search just in those resources that met my earlier search request. It would therefore be great if I could create a collection from a search result, which would be pretty simple both from a programming and a UI perspective.

Great idea - be sure to put it on http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 12:22 PM | Locked

Love it! Yes

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 12:30 PM | Locked

Jonathan:
Another idea would be to create a collection from a select number of resources from our search results (maybe via some kind of checkbox or pull-down menu).

This would be possible already if Logos allowed better dragging support for collections.you to drag multiple resources from your library into collections. It's been bugging me for a while, so I'm going to start a new thread on that.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS