Shoutout to the Ministry Team Magazine!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 481
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 11 2018 6:11 PM

Just received a Ministry Team Magazine from Faithlife by surprise!  Flipping through it, I was impressed by how practical the articles we're (the Style Guide article was great!)

I also was stoked to see an article written by Kevin Purcell!  It was an illuminating and helpful article about churches creating community with each other (that is what I picked up from a quick read and will go through the article more closely after service tonight)

I've enjoyed Bible Study Magazine, however, addressing this angle of ministry may serve me well in what and how I do church through my youth ministry.  Thanks, guys (whoever you may be!)

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 51
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2018 7:02 AM

I agree. I thought it had some practical articles.

Posts 54
LogosEmployee

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll pass this on to the team. They've been working hard on it; they'll be glad that their work is appreciated Smile

Posts 2651
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2018 11:04 AM

And you'll find an article by yours truly inside the pages. In spite of that it still looks like a good mag.

Posts 3653
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 12 2018 11:49 AM

Richard Villanueva:

...I was impressed by how practical the articles we're (the Style Guide article was great!)

...article written by Kevin Purcell... was an illuminating and helpful article about churches creating community with each other...

Thanks, guys (whoever you may be!)

Yes +3

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1001
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 6:08 AM

Christina Houck:

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll pass this on to the team. They've been working hard on it; they'll be glad that their work is appreciated Smile

How might I get these? Are they being mailed to current BS magazine subscribers?

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 481
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 7:42 AM

Myke Harbuck:
How might I get these? Are they being mailed to current BS magazine subscribers?

Good question - I'm not sure! I figured I received a promotional issue for a BSM subscription or FL Connect?

Kevin A. Purcell:
And you'll find an article by yours truly inside the pages.

I really appreciated your contribution! 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 472
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 11:21 AM

I too would like to find out how to get this magazine..  

Thanks!

Posts 1
stephen kaiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 1:37 PM

I would like to subscribe to this magazine. I can't seem to find it.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 5:11 PM

I did not find an online presence yet for the magazine, however, there is a Faithlife group. Here it is. https://faithlife.com/ministryteam

Posts 953
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2018 11:55 PM

i hope that Faithlife have learned a lesson that digital is preferred by many people - especially those living abroad.

It is nice holding a real paper mag but far more practical using an electronic one for a growing part of the community.

Posts 472
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2018 6:30 AM

I agree about digital..   I have so many magazine piled up in my room.. 

Posts 1765
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2018 10:52 AM

JohnB:
i hope that Faithlife have learned a lesson that digital is preferred by many people

When @Kevin Purcell wrote for CCMag, I used to find value in EVERY issue. When the founder sold that mag to Outreach Publishing and the name changed to Ministry Tech the content of the mag took a dive, in my opinion. I'm hoping that Ministry Team Magazine fills the void. I'm sure Faithlife products will be forefront in the new mag, but I'm hoping the editorial team will be generous in their recommendations of other products in the arena. I'm hoping to learn tricks as to how Logos, Sermon Guide, Proclaim & Ministry Tracker integrate, but also how to use other platforms (e.g. Facebook instead of Faithlife groups or PowerPoint instead of Proclaim, etc.) in a pastor's workflow.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 417
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 1:15 AM

So...... to reiterate the question asked earlier in this threat and to add my own. What is Ministry Team Magazine? Is it for sale as a Faithlife product? If so what is the cost? How does one get to see an example from Faithlife?  Confused

I've read some of Kevin Purcell's articles and I agree - they are always informative and well worth reading !  Keep well Paul  

Posts 560
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 3:04 AM

Paul:

What is Ministry Team Magazine?

This may help a little - Ministry Team Magazine

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 417
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 5:10 AM

Thanks Scott - much appreciated !  Keep well  Paul 

Posts 481
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2018 10:31 AM

Scott E. Mahle:

Paul:

What is Ministry Team Magazine?

This may help a little - Ministry Team Magazine

Very cool!  Hadn't seen that.  Thanks!

Posts 2651
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 12:05 PM

David Thomas:

When @Kevin Purcell wrote for CCMag, I used to find value in EVERY issue. When the founder sold that mag to Outreach Publishing and the name changed to Ministry Tech the content of the mag took a dive, in my opinion. I'm hoping that Ministry Team Magazine fills the void.

This is billed as a magazine for larger churches so I don't think it's really what CCMag was. The best version of what CCMag used to be is the site Church Tech Today. I do it on a limited bases at my site, but Lauren at CTT is really the best online presence for what was Christian Computing Magazine with help for general church-focused tech. She's also working with Ministry Team Magazine as a consulting editor I think. She's great and the reason I was able to write even though I definitely do NOT pastor a larger church. I doubt I'll b contributing much to MTM in the future for many reasons. I'd love to, but I'm not very knowledgable about larger churches having never served in one or really attended one.

But thanks for all the kind words.

Posts 54
LogosEmployee

Paul:

What is Ministry Team Magazine? Is it for sale as a Faithlife product? If so what is the cost? How does one get to see an example from Faithlife?  

Ministry Team is a magazine aimed at providing resources and insights for innovative church ministry. In the inaugural issue, we addressed things like social media help for pastors, discipleship strategies for church leaders, graphic design help, choosing balanced nursery snacks, and more. We hope that this magazine will help equip modern churches and ministries to serve Jesus in today's world. 

Subscriptions will be available soon. If you want to be notified when they're available, make sure to enter your email in the box, here. You can also follow the group on Faithlife to get updates. We're running some cool giveaways on the Faithlife group, so I highly suggest that you follow! Thanks for your interest in the magazine! We can't wait to get it in your hands. 

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2018 8:37 AM

Richard Villanueva:
Flipping through it, I was impressed by how practical the articles we're (the Style Guide article was great!)

I'm so glad to hear that! Practical is what we're going for.

There are a lot of great resources on philosophy of ministry and the big picture; we wanted to produce a magazine that's incredibly practical for the people serving the church every week.

Our mission is to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible. As the Faithlife platform expands, you will see that Bible-centered attitude in even the most mundane of products. (Proclaim, for example, has special support for showing Scripture in-context on animated slides that help the congregation see each verse as part of a chapter and book, rather than just an out-of-context quotation. It's a small thing, but something that illustrates our Bible focus.)

The tools we are building to support the day-to-day work of the church serve another important purpose: freeing up time. If we save a church hours a week editing, posting, documenting sermon recordings on the web site, or preparing a newsletter for the congregation, or managing the church calendar, that time on 'tasks' goes to people: either the family of the staff or volunteers, or the people they are loving and serving in their community. Either way, it's a win!

We want Ministry Team Magazine to be more than a broadcast publication; we want it to be a community where people serving in the church can learn from each other. I hope you'll follow the group (https://faithlife.com/ministryteam/activity) and post story ideas, share your experiences, and share your style guide!

Note: We can't yet afford to send Ministry Team Magazine to every church for free (though we'd love to!)... so we started with a limited list of free subscribers. If you aren't on the list (I'm sorry!) and would like to receive it, leave your email at https://faithlife.com/products/ministry-team-magazine and we'll let you know when subscriptions are available for purchase, or digital editions are available.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS