Page 4 of 7 (123 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 122 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 2243
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 5:00 AM

Beloved:
where are the settings for the frontlight to be found?

Top bar, next to Wifi and Bluetooth.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2296
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 11:03 AM

Jan Krohn:

Beloved:

Thanks, Jan! got it.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2296

Jan Krohn:

Beloved:

Thanks, Jan! got it.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2296

Jan Krohn:

Beloved:

Thanks, Jan! got it.

Posts 2296

Jan Krohn:

Beloved:

Thanks, Jan! got it.

Posts 2296
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 11:06 AM

Sorry for the multiple postsEmbarrassed

Posts 2296
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 2:11 PM

I have my Likebook plugged in to power, but it doesn't appear to be charging. Any guidance?

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 2:24 PM

Beloved:

I have my Likebook plugged in to power, but it doesn't appear to be charging. Any guidance?

Let's run through a basic checklist and see.

Is your Likebook fully connected to the usb cable? Is the cable fully connected to the power source?

If so, try unplugging the cable and then reconnecting it.

What is your power source? If it's a usb port on your computer/laptop, try a different port.  If it's a wall outlet, plug in something else to make sure the outlet works properly.

If none of these things is the problem, you could have a faulty usb cable. Can a computer/laptop "see" the Likebook when it's connected to it? Try another usb cable, if you have one, and see if that works.  

If none of these helps, then the usb port in your Likebook could be faulty.  

Sorry that I've thrown a lot at you, but there are a lot of possible causes for your problem. I probably missed a few...

A little prayer while you're trying these things doesn't hurt!  

Posts 2296
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 3:01 PM

Mark Nolette:
A little prayer while you're trying these things doesn't hurt!

Amen to that!

Posts 2296
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 3:24 PM

Faulty adapter, Thanks!

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 3:27 PM

Glad you found the problem - and equally glad that the problem wasn't in your Likebook itself.  Thank God for that!  Adapters are relatively easy, and cheap, to replace.  

Posts 2243
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 12:33 PM

Here's my review of the device.

https://youtu.be/utv-RAWCZvw

https://www.facebook.com/HeiDoc/videos/109458153323845

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1502
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 1:01 PM

Jan Krohn:

Great review, Jan. Thanks.

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 2:47 AM

A new update has fixed the ghosting issue by enabling auto-refresh on third party apps.  So, the screen will auto-refresh on Logos/Verbum as well.  That takes care of my one little issue with this device!  

Posts 2296
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 3:24 AM

Mark Nolette:

A new update has fixed the ghosting issue by enabling auto-refresh on third party apps.  So, the screen will auto-refresh on Logos/Verbum as well.  That takes care of my one little issue with this device!  

Party!!!My Likebook shipped with this update.

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 1:51 PM

I just got mine in the mail. No play store and the ghosting is there. Can’t wait to get kindle and logos app on here. Any help would be appreciated. 

Posts 2243
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 2:08 PM

Chris Gardner:

I just got mine in the mail. No play store and the ghosting is there. Can’t wait to get kindle and logos app on here. Any help would be appreciated. 

Connect to Wifi, and conduct a software update. Both issues will be solved afterwards.

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 2:08 PM

Chris Gardner:

If you ordered yours from Amazon, then Google Play Store should be in there. It needs to be set up.  

Go to User Settings.  It's an icon in the Apps screen.  Then, tap "Apps".  That will bring up a listing of all installed apps. At the top right of the screen, look for a gear-like icon. Tap that. That should bring you to the "configure apps" window. The bottom option should be "Enable Google Framework".  Slide that button to the on position. (It will be much darker when on.) Then, reboot. Google Play Store should be available. If you don't see it, go to the Settings icon. It might be named "Android Settings". Tap it. Then tap "Accounts" and then "Add account". It should allow you to sign in to your Google account. Then Play Store should appear. 

You should get an OTA update soon that will fix the ghosting, for the most part. It fixes ghosting for third party apps that turn pages, but it doesn't work so well for scrolling.  Set up the Logos app to turn pages, and not scroll, and you'll be fine.  

If you have tried all the above and things are not as I have described, contact the seller and get instructions from them.  Google Play Store is supposed to come with the Likebook Mars. They need to help you enable it.  

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 7:34 PM

So I finally got the play store and now have kindle and logos.  I am loving this idea.  Was still getting ghosting so I decided to reboot and it has rebooted into Chinese.  Everything is still there as in the apps I installed and everything but I don't speak Chinese so if anyone can walk me through how to change languages back that would be awesome.  It will have to be like click apps I know where that is and then look for this figure or third one down or something like that.  Any help would be really appreciated. 

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2018 7:44 PM

Thanks to YouTube I found the way to fix it. I really hope this doesn't happen every time. 

Page 4 of 7 (123 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS