Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Cory Moesta | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 16 2018 1:56 PM

Hi I just installed RefTagger in my wordpress site and it mostly works really well. However, there are some references that are not tagged even though they are formatted and spelled correctly.

I recorded my screen to demonstrate the issue, however I am not able to attach it to this ticket (25mb, H.264, mp4).

Posts 9912
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 2:44 PM

Hi Cory,

welcome to the Logos user forums. Sorry to hear about your issues. Since this is a user forum, Logos employees may sometimes answer bug reports and issues, but there's no guarantee they will. Users help each others here, quite successfully I believe when it comes to the Logos desktop app and I've seen it for RefTagger, too. However, from your description it's not fully clear which things work/don't work at your WordPress site. A list of scripture references of both would maybe help.

I personally am no RefTagger user, but I know that the forum software accepts only around 5MB maximum size for attachments - may a screenshot or two will do, or you could upload the screencast to some cloud location and post the link? 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:08 PM

If you can link to a page on your site, and mention a specific reference that gives you trouble, we can probably work out what's causing the issue. It's often a problem with the underlying HTML, which we wouldn't be able to see in a video.

Posts 2
Cory Moesta | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:49 PM

Oh ok, thanks for the help.

Here is a link, but keep in mind I'm still building this site! Don't judge me! ;)

http://rootedbible.org/about/

As you can see, only about half of the references have links.

Posts 21703
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2018 1:31 AM

Cory Moesta:
As you can see, only about half of the references have links.

For the lines:

His authority, His power. (Isaiah 40:8, Mark 13:31Luke 24:44, 1 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Timothy 3:16)

the source code has:

His authority, His power. (Isaiah 40:8, Mark <span class="aBn" tabindex="0" data-term="goog_411664342"><span class="aQJ">13:31</span></span>, Luke 24:44, 1 Thessalonians <span class="aBn" tabindex="0" data-term="goog_411664343"><span class="aQJ">2:13</span></span>, 2 Timothy <span class="aBn" tabindex="0" data-term="goog_411664344"><span class="aQJ">3:16</span></span>)</span></p>

So the references that are working are just entered as plain text, whereas the ones that aren't working have a lot of HTML code around them.

Do you know why these are being generated differently?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS