Reftagging verses only as well in document.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Ron Henderson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 19 2018 9:05 AM

Can you please explain how to actually manually apply the code for 'verses' only in a document?  What does " If you would like Reftagger to tag instances like these as well, (referring to the verses without the chapter) you will have to manually apply the Bibleref markup." How do I manually apply the Bibleref markup? I know how to apply the code for chapter and verse, but where do I apply a code for the verse only, AND what is the code and where do I apply it in the document code? 

Posts 13205
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 9:14 AM

Unfortunately the site that gives the BibleRef markup syntax is currently down: http://semanticbible.com/bibleref/bibleref-specification-20070612.pdf

You have to edit the HTML so it reads something like this (colour added for clarity):

In <cite class="bibleref" title="2 Thess 2.15">verse 15</cite>, Paul says…

Posts 16
Ron Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 9:55 AM

Thanks, Mark.  I will try it as soon as possible. Do I put this before body (/body) closure as well?

Posts 13205
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 10:18 AM

Ron Henderson:

Thanks, Mark.  I will try it as soon as possible. Do I put this before body (/body) closure as well?

You have to place it manually around every reference that doesn't get picked up automatically.

Posts 16
Ron Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 1:25 PM

Thanks, Mark; will try it.  Take care.

Posts 16
Ron Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 3:40 PM

Mark here is my paragraph:We saw that in Daniel 2 the image that Nebuchadnezzar dreamed about had a head of gold, and that this golden head represented the Babylonian empire (verses 36-38) which reigned from 605 to 539 BC. Friends, please realize that in the book of Daniel, one of the biblical books, we are looking at world history as shown to Daniel long before the events took place, way over a thousand years before the events took place. Here is the code:

<div style="font-size: 25px; color: #1B0AED; background-color: #F8D5D6;">
<blockquote>
<h1 align="centre"><font size="5"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Dear Pastor Ron:</font> </h1>
<p> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;From Pastor Ron: Explanation on Daniel 2.</p>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;We saw that in Daniel 2 the image that Nebuchadnezzar dreamed about had a head of gold, and that this golden head represented the Babylonian empire (verses 36-38) which reigned from 605 to 539 BC. Friends, please realize that in the book of Daniel, one of the biblical books, we are looking at world history as shown to Daniel long before the events took place, way over a thousand years before the events took place.

I tried putting in this code you sent: <div><cite class="bibleref" title="Daniel 2.36-39">verses 36-39</cite></div> 

I put it in several places, but somehow it did not highlight the verses in my document (verses 36-39).  Any help? what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Posts 16
Ron Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 4:39 PM

Mark, while the code you sent (minus the <div> elements) works, it does not highlight my verses in the document; your code seems to create its own verses in the document; and it comes before my verses; it comes around the beginning of the particular paragraph with the verses.  My website is 'silverliningministry.com' page 4. Would welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

Posts 16
Ron Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 9:08 PM

Hello, Mark, Just got it!! Your first comment was the correct one; I was just not understanding how to apply it properly.  I just reread what you said and applied it literally and it worked!  Great! I will take care of the italics in css properties.

We can close this case now!

Posts 13205
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 1:46 AM

I'm glad it's working for you, Ron.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS