Split Commentary windows

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 69
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 24 2018 5:11 AM

There are ways to add Bibles side-by-side in one window, I think users would appreciate commentaries having split windows (my preference is top and bottom) so that "notes" and "comments" are separate. This would be a deal maker, a real breakthrough.

It could be applied to most commentaries, ones that would make a big difference to me would be WBC, CBC, and EBC Revised.

If it remains as it is now, then you have the commentary notes on each verse tied to and linked to the verse. I'm more of a big picture guy, and always look to the section comments notes first. Right now there is no good way to do that. And a split window would probably allow Logos to do this without messing with the publisher layout unless you specifically "turn the feature on," so publishers wouldn't kill the idea.

Posts 69
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 6:07 AM

Two more commentaries where the Scripture gets in the way*

NIV Application Commentary and Old Testament Library Series

*there was a reason commentaries included the scripture right in with the text, my guess would be in the era of paper books, you didn't have to open up another book (the Bible) all the while reading your commentary.

One reason Scripture is in commentaries is that the scholar is giving us his or her own translation from the Hebrew or Greek. These can be very useful.

If there were a split-window that would be one option. Another would be something in information or in program settings with an option to "hide scripture" for these kinds of commentaries.

Posts 484
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 8:10 AM

If I understand your desire, have you tried opening TWO copies of a commentary in separate windows (top and bottom OR side by side)? Rest your cursor on the first copy and hit ctrl )or Cmd I suppose>shift>n.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS