John Mackay - Mentor Commentary Series

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 504
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 27 2018 9:53 PM

If you like John Mackay or the Mentor Commentaries, the Ezekiel volumes are now available on Pre-Pub - along with a volume on Ecclesiastes.

https://www.logos.com/product/153975/mentor-commentary-series-upgrade

Posts 327
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2018 11:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up 👍

Posts 2596
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 2:25 AM

Thanks Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2718
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 3:13 AM

Yes

Posts 554
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 7:19 AM

Yes

Posts 504
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 12:35 PM

Looks like we're about 35% of the way to getting developed.

Posts 108
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 12:59 PM

How’s the Mentor Commentary Series? I can get it for about $100 in a Baptist base package. Is it worth it?

Posts 504
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 1:12 PM

Richard J. Ward:

How’s the Mentor Commentary Series? I can get it for about $100 in a Baptist base package. Is it worth it?

Very underrated. Probably because it's not deemed "critical" enough. I'd say it's similar in tone to Pillar. I'm preaching on Phil 2:12-13 this Sunday and the Mentor commentary has 10 pages on the App on my 10" tablet for just those 2 verses. 

Posts 2586
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 2:14 PM

Richard J. Ward:

I don't own the whole thing, but have cherry-picked about 10 or 12 of the ones recommended to me. My experience with these has been very positive. Their commentaries on Leviticus, Proverbs, and Chronicles are among the top in my own personal list.

I *never* recommend buying whole commentary sets, as there are always worms among the apples. But if you can get it in a package for less than you'd pay for the particular volumes you want, that is a smart move. (Just remember, you can't resell the volumes you don't want if you buy them as a package.)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2345
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 5:39 PM

I have been really liking this set so far as well... Don't think to check it enough

Posts 28
Chi Shun Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 11:30 PM

Already pre-ordered them! The Mentor Series is amazing!

Posts 2718
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2018 5:15 AM

Richard J. Ward:

Yes it is worth it - use it all the time, especially Proverbs, but so far no negative responses to the series.

Posts 5264
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2018 10:24 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Richard J. Ward:

Yes it is worth it - use it all the time, especially Proverbs, but so far no negative responses to the series.

It’s actually a great series with actual new insights. I also like the New Horizon which came included in a Base package. Both look promising.

DAL

Posts 504
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2018 10:11 AM

This has stalled at 40%.

Posts 2345
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2018 10:26 AM

I wish FL would commit to continue a series if they take it in. I really like this series and I would hate to have half a set or less. Please continue publishing this regardless of prepub orders

Posts 504
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 30 2018 10:38 AM

Mattillo:

I wish FL would commit to continue a series if they take it in. I really like this series and I would hate to have half a set or less. Please continue publishing this regardless of prepub orders

I agree Mattillo. It's the most frustrating thing with Faithlife. Other Bible Software companies don't seem to have the same issue. Whilst I don't understand the contractural complexities that Faithlife have with the publishers, I've made a suggestion to Ben at Faithlife regarding how I believe they could commit to series despite the current pre-pub policy.

Posts 504
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 12:16 PM

Getting stuck at 50% there.

https://www.logos.com/product/153975/mentor-commentary-series-upgrade

Mentor is a great series, as is John Mackay as an author.

Posts 2345
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2018 8:26 AM

Agreed. Please bring this into production.

Faithlife it would also be great if you would commit to finishing this series had already some has made it in

Posts 327
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2018 5:56 PM

Yes, hope that Faithlife would just go ahead with these good commentaries Yes

Posts 2345
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 26 2018 7:05 AM

Bumping for more sales!  Let's get this through... if you don't have it you don't know what you are missing Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS