Bug in display of Lexham LXX Int Swete

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 1 2018 10:34 AM

In 2 Cor 4:13 Paul quotes the LXX of Ps 116:10 (which is Ps 115:1 in the LXX), "I believed, therefore I spoke."  In the Lexham LXX Int Swete for Ps 115:1, Ἐπίστευσα, διὸ ἐλάλησα·,there are no interlinear entries for ἐλάλησα (I spoke) when viewed in the book panel, as if it were not translated.  This is such an important quotation I could not accept the omission.  Interestingly, the expected interlinear entries do appear when I copy and paste the word in this post.

ἐλάλησα
elalēsa
λαλέω
laleō
VAAI1S
talk; speak
I spoke.

There is a dot after the word in the text, ἐλάλησα· I wonder if this has something to do with the interlinear omissions.

Posts 1275
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 10:55 AM

Hi Kristine.

I'm not able to reproduce your problem. I do see all the data in the interlinear (when all lines specified to be displayed).

Have you hidden particular interlinear lines from view in the resource? Click the "Inline Interlinear" button in the resource window (circled in the below graphic) and ensure the lines you want to see are checked in the list. If all the lines are checked, see if the "Reader's Edition" is selected (same list), it will hide certain word data that meets particular criteria.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 11:20 AM

Yes, the Reader's Edition was somehow checked, and all interlinear information appeared when it was unchecked.  I don't remember ever checking it.  I remember reading that Reader's Edition helps out people who are working on their original languages vocabulary.  Thanks for the solution.

Posts 1275
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 1 2018 11:23 AM

You're welcome. Glad to hear one of the suggestions worked.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS