Printing parsing for a verse or passage

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Timothy Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 11 2010 3:27 PM

Is there a way to print out the parsing of a particular  verse or passage in a simple list (see example as follows):

Arch; archv (arcw) Noun fem sing nom beginning, first, principle; ruler, realm, rule

I use the listing of a verse/passage to take notes in my commentary reading, lexical study, and grammatical study.

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Tim Davis

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 5:30 PM

Not exactly,

If you have a regular interlinear Bible, adjust the display to show the information you want, highlight the word, Ctrl + C and then past into your word processor. The Morph code will not be interpreted but there might be a way to use the find and replace feature of a word processor to list out the terms.

In the NT the Lexham SGNT Notes has the Morph classification of each word written out. It could be copied and pasted easily.

Once Logos enables more robust copying/exporting of reports, the exegetical guide might be a place where you could copy and paste from, but this would be in the future.

Posts 30
Mark Hunsaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 11:39 AM

Kevin,

I was searching to do the same thing as Timothy here and found your suggestion, which is great one and will work perfect for me.

However, I'm not finding the morph classification in SGNT...can you give me a hint on how to find those?  I'm wanting to create a sort of "legend" for all of the morph codes and if one can be copied and pasted that would save a ton of time.

Thanks!
Mark

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 1:41 PM

Mark,

1) I wasn't referring to the SGNT on its own. I was referring to the Expansions and Annotations resource.

2) There's a wiki page that condenses all of the morph codes so you can print off a list for whatever scheme you want the list. The Logos Greek morphology will be the one used by the Lexham resources.

http://wiki.logos.com/Morphology_Codes

Posts 30
Mark Hunsaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:17 PM

Kevin,

Both bits of info you have provided are extremely helpful to me...thank you!!

Blessings,
Mark

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:55 AM

Also you can now print an exegetical guide....

8816.Copy_of_Exegetical_Guide__John_1_1.rtf

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2
Timothy Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:32 AM

Robert,

How do you print the exegetical guide?

Tim Davis

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 11:45 AM

Timothy Davis:
How do you print the exegetical guide?

The RTF file Robert posted was from the Export function.

Posts 22
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 3:13 PM

A bit off-topic but this is a cool resource!  Is the SGNT available as a separate product or only in one of the packages?  A quick search yielded the latter unless I missed something.

Good luck resolving the printing issue!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2010 6:59 PM

Mike Wilson:
A bit off-topic but this is a cool resource!  Is the SGNT available as a separate product or only in one of the packages?  A quick search yielded the latter unless I missed something.

You're right the resource shown above does not come on its own.

Posts 4
Luke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 2:51 PM

I figured out another way of doing this that might be simpler. Basically, you do a Morph search of the specific text you are looking at, then set the "Analysis." Then you can export the whole list to a spreadsheet by going to print/export and then "save as file: spreadsheet" or "send to new document: Microsoft Excel"

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS