Page 1 of 5 (81 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 80 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 12 2010 12:31 AM

http://blog.logos.com/archives/2010/05/logos_40c_is_now_available.html

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 1:11 AM

I just tried update now and nothing. 

I am not sure what to think.  I see the blog....It says its out.

Posts 26588
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 1:26 AM

It's definitely not Gold at this time! I've got 6 hours of "today" whereas the US has up to 22 hours!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 2:42 AM

Nope, not out here (Texas) yet!  Sad

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 3:08 AM

The text in the article says "later today"...so that could mean anything!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 229
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 3:13 AM

Really wish they'd wait until the update is released before telling us about it.  Perhaps they're worried about their servers overloading.  Still........

Gerry

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 3:26 AM

They are probably still sleeping out on the west coast.  When someone gets to the office in a few hours the "on" switch will get flipped.

Posts 670
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 5:40 AM

The blog posted at 12:00 am their time. It did not say a time. It was also on my homepage.

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 6:07 AM

Gerald P. Swetsky:

Really wish they'd wait until the update is released before telling us about it.  Perhaps they're worried about their servers overloading.  Still........

Use this link: http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/InstallerBeta/Logos4Setup.exe. It was down at the bottom of the announcement.

Just run the install program. It works great!

Posts 759
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 6:18 AM

Don't be afraid of the "beta" word in Bill's link. If you use this, it will get you to the latest RC, which is the same as the final release.

Or you can wait until later... but I bet most of you don't!

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 26588
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 6:22 AM

Bill Gordon:
Just run the install program. It works great!

That's not what we are talking about, Bill. Note the /InstallerBeta/  bit - this may be the "gold" version but it has not officially been released as gold until you can get it via Auto Update or Update Now (or a weblink without Beta in it).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 6:40 AM

In some parts of the world isn't it currently "tomorrow", today? Does that mean they got it a day early, or did they still get it today? If they did get it today, since it is really tomorrow there, does that mean we got today or yesterday?Huh?

I guess the real question is, are they still indexing?Big Smile

Posts 26588
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 6:51 AM

Fred Chapman:
I guess the real question is, are they still indexing?Big Smile

Nope! I finished indexing yesterdaySmile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 293
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 6:51 AM

Since I set the update to use the Beta to get the Release Candidate, do I need to set it back for the normal updates?

Windows 7, Nexus 7

Posts 26588
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 6:53 AM

Mike Measley:

Since I set the update to use the Beta to get the Release Candidate, do I need to set it back for the normal updates?

You may already have it! Yes, set the update to Default so you don't get 4.0d beta.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 7:44 AM

My experience is that you need to set the update to STABLE to not get the next beta. At least that is the only way I was able to stop the beta downloads during the 4.0c beta cycle.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 8:31 AM

It's 8:30 am (Pacific Time) and mine still says No Updates Available

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 8:46 AM

Frank Fenby:

My experience is that you need to set the update to STABLE to not get the next beta. At least that is the only way I was able to stop the beta downloads during the 4.0c beta cycle.

If you are running the 'gold' version, setting the update channel to default will only allow updates to the 'gold' version.

If you are running the beta version, setting the update channel to default will allow program and resource updates to the beta version, and resource updates to the 'gold' version.

If you are running the 'gold' version, setting the update channel to beta will allow updates to all next or current beta updates.

If you are running the beta version, setting the update channel to beta will do the same thing as setting the update channel to default.

In other words the 'default' channel is the default for the category of program ('gold' or beta) you're currently running.

If you set the update channel to stable, it will only allow 'gold' updates, even if you're running the beta.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 8:51 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Frank Fenby:

If you are running the 'gold' version, setting the update channel to default will only allow updates to the 'gold' version.

If you are running the beta version, setting the update channel to default will allow program and resource updates to the beta version, and resource updates to the 'gold' version.

If you are running the 'gold' version, setting the update channel to beta will allow updates to all next or current beta updates.

If you are running the beta version, setting the update channel to beta will do the same thing as setting the update channel to default.

In other words the 'default' channel is the default for the category of program ('gold' or beta) you're currently running.

If you set the update channel to stable, it will only allow 'gold' updates, even if you're running the beta.

What about setting to default when running a release candidate?  Is a release candidate treated the same as a beta in that context?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 8:57 AM

Ron Keyston Jr:
What about setting to default when running a release candidate?  Is a release candidate treated the same as a beta in that context?

An RC is not 'gold' so it falls in the beta camp. I'm not sure what happens every time when the RC one is running becomes 'gold.'

However, last time participating in the 4.0b program updated me to the RC and when 4.0c b1 was released I did not update automatically that time, until I changed my update channel to beta. I don't know if that's expected behavior for every instance of an RC that goes gold (and there may have been an interim update in there between the RC that went gold and 4.0c b1). All I can say is that I think that when an RC becomes a 'gold' release, the update channel must be set to beta to get the next beta release, but I'm not 100% sure.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 5 (81 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS