Lexham English Bible

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2
Reoli, Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2021 6:35 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I have decided to work on a print version for myself- its not that difficult- just deciding on formatting, then getting the right paper for my laser printer, already have someone who will doing the binding. Looking to make it approx. the same size as my current NASB version, with single column and side margin for footnotes. 

Did you happen to complete this? If so, how did it go? Any chance you'd be willing to email it to myself? 

I downloaded a couple different file versions of the LEB and they all look horribly clunky in any program that I use, and then trying to get that to print would be a nightmare. 

Thanks, brother.

Posts 75
Robert Kostenbauder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2021 8:09 AM

I think that the new "Legacy Standard Bible" is similar to the LEB.

Posts 2
Samuel Nieves | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2021 9:30 AM

Robert thank you so much for replying to this tread! Finally a printed version of the Bible that does not uses less accurate LORD but the more accurate Yahweh instead of the Tetragrammaton. In ANE, a name captures the character personality of a person and LORD is not at the core of the character personality in who God is. In Exodus 34:6 God himself defines his name. And Yahweh passed over before him, and he proclaimed, “Yahweh, Yahweh, God, who is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger,[b] and abounding with[c] loyal love and faithfulness,

But we see him more as a LORD because that's what we have been reading in printed versions for 2,000 years. If Yahweh or YHWH would have been there instead, we would be more close today in seeing Him as a compassionate and gracious, slow to anger God since that is who he himself said he is when he revealed his name (character) to Moses. 

Posts 33479
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2021 12:03 PM

Samuel Nieves:
But we see him more as a LORD because that's what we have been reading in printed versions for 2,000 years.

I can't resist a bit of teasing ... where are you from that you had printed version not only before Gutenberg but even before the Chinese invented the printing press? Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1
Darrell Wolfe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2021 12:17 PM

Just upload it to CreateSpace and print om demand. Costsbtou next to nothing and those of us who are old and like paper can have our Bibleband morning coffee. I have used NET and it really isnt the same. I prefer to read LEB WAY WAY WAY more. I guess since you havent ill have to find a peinter service. Uhg.

Posts 3
John Heberle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2021 3:02 PM

All things are possible to those who believe.  Have faith in God and get to work!  :-D

If it's highly demanded then people will highly compensate your efforts.

Posts 5429
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2021 5:23 AM

Samuel Nieves:
If Yahweh or YHWH would have been there instead, we would be more close today in seeing Him as a compassionate and gracious, slow to anger God since that is who he himself said he is when he revealed his name (character) to Moses.

Don't think this statement is going to age well.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 3
Josh Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2021 9:55 AM

I posted this in another thread recently. I thought I would post it here, too. Please forgive the repetition. A print version is an essential tool for the day in which we are living.

"I have been looking for a new Bible and the LEB is exactly what I have been praying for. I would absolutely love to have this in print version. The clarity it provides is found to be liberating. Using “Yahweh” in countless places brings a level of personality and closeness that I have found lacking in other translations over the decades. The LEB also drives home the reality of the divine council worldview, which I feel has been largely missed at a cost to the life of the church and her mission that has been given to her. The LEB is a missing component in the larger meta-narrative that I believe is missing in our communication of the Gospel. It is what the world is hungry for today. The Grand Narrative is not being clearly communicated. The LEB is a crucial missing component…in my humble opinion. To not have it available for people to read in their hands seems a little short sighted as to its importance today. "

Posts 7
Dawn S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2021 9:52 AM

I'm with you on this.  Would love to have a print version of the LEB. 

Posts 3
Josh Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2021 10:38 AM

Agreed. Thanks for posting. I don’t want to be annoying but I am convinced this would be a helpful tool for today and the days ahead. :)

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS