Lexham English Bible

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 15 2018 2:17 AM

Are there any plans to put this in a dead tree version?

Posts 396
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 2:26 AM

Yes, hope to see it soonWink

Posts 3
Sandra James | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 15 2018 6:20 AM

I hope so too

Posts 73
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2018 3:37 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Are there any plans to put this in a dead tree version?

Lexham Press currently has no plans to release a print version of the Lexham English Bible. We've had conversations about it and it's been one of our most consistent customer requests, but the logistics of developing, printing, and marketing a new Bible translation are significant barriers to moving ahead with the project.

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2018 3:51 PM

10-4

Posts 17794
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 4:59 PM

Jake Mailhot:
Lexham Press currently has no plans to release a print version of the Lexham English Bible. We've had conversations about it and it's been one of our most consistent customer requests, but the logistics of developing, printing, and marketing a new Bible translation are significant barriers to moving ahead with the project.

One idea is Community pricing of a Lexham English Bible with Faithlife Study Bible notes in an imitation leather binding with 10 point text. Another Community Pricing item could be a Pew Bible. Winning bidders could receive a coupon for use at ChristianBook.com for community price of print bible (allows customer to combine with other items for physical shipping).

Noticed ChristianBook.com has NIV & NKJV Illustrated Faithlife Study Bibles.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 17794
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 5:14 PM

UserVoice suggestion for printed LEB bible => https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions?query=Lexham%20English

New UserVoice suggestion for printed LEB Illustrated Faithlife Study Bible => https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/34305262-printed-leb-illustrated-faithlife-study-bible

Edit: UserVoice Suggestions for Resources have unlimited votes so interested users can place up to 3 votes on each print suggestion.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5232
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 5:17 PM

I believe the LEB is being constantly tweaked which is not a bad thing but if many changes are made it night irk those with a hard cover in that it was not what is now online in their FL software. Perhaps the changes are less than I had be thinking but I am not 100% sure that if they wanted a printed copy they have things exactly as they would want it before releasing it. I remember within the last year someone bringing up an absolutely horrible rendering and I thought it was agree that it should be reviewed and changed. While little goof ups may be rare it led me to feel it likely needed some more polishing.

-dan

Posts 3076
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 5:55 PM

I have decided to work on a print version for myself- its not that difficult- just deciding on formatting, then getting the right paper for my laser printer, already have someone who will doing the binding. Looking to make it approx. the same size as my current NASB version, with single column and side margin for footnotes. 

Posts 245
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 6:26 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I have decided to work on a print version for myself- its not that difficult- just deciding on formatting, then getting the right paper for my laser printer, already have someone who will doing the binding. Looking to make it approx. the same size as my current NASB version, with single column and side margin for footnotes. 

Are you taking orders? 

Posts 4
Michael Hart | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2019 3:29 PM

@Jake 

The License for the LEB provides for 50% content for a non-profit, and 25% content for a for-profit work to be used. for the 50% content non-profit level it explicitly lists a diglot full bible as a possibility.  

Is it a stretch of either the 25% or 50% grant of license to produce a multi-volume work, in which 1 volume is a complete LEB Bible, and the 2nd (through 4th for a profit venture) volumes of equal or greater size are other Bibles (KJV, etc.?) I think I read it is specifically allowed and encouraged, but it represents a risk I'm unwilling to take without confirmation. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS