Search for file using File>Open

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 17 2018 9:44 PM

This is a minor thing but using the "search box" in the open dialogue box does not search for anything in file name... just from left hand side. i.e. if my naming convention is YY/MM/DD [Location] [Time] - [Special title if any] ... i can't search by location, time or special title... only by the full file name starting on the left. This seems a little too basic to be useful.

Posts 267
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 19 2018 10:16 AM

I couldn't duplicate this problem. All of my searches seem to produce the expected results. Are you getting no results, or is it possible you are getting so many results that it looks like you weren't getting what you want?

For example if I put in "ree" looking for Wayne Reed's Memorial Service I also get anything that has Creek in the location (just about every presentation). But "reed" gets me just one presentation.

Posts 16969
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 19 2018 10:46 AM

Mike:
if my naming convention is YY/MM/DD [Location] [Time] - [Special title if any] ... i can't search by location, time or special title... only by the full file name starting on the left.

Observation: the slashes in naming convention have problematic interpretation possibility: folder separator (instead of file name). Personally suggest 8 digits: YYYYMMDD (without slashes) for Year Month Day naming convention.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 154
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 19 2018 12:40 PM

Hello Mike,

I wasn't able to replicate this either.  Would you be able to share a screenshot of your search query and the results that come up from them?

Posts 16
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 19 2018 8:54 PM

thank you so much for quick responses. i am a bit embarrased.. the issue that drove this was searching for "newtown" as a location in filename. but all files are listed as having a geographical location as newtown so it returned all files. while i'm here - is it possible to set different locations? we have two sites but all slides prepared centrally with most content the same. not really a big deal for us. 

Posts 154
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 6:03 AM

If you go to Settings > Presentation, you can change the location of your service

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS