No Emails?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 20 2018 1:58 PM

I've called tech support, they see what I see: I am signed up for junk mail and special offers and and and. 
But, I do not see any emails. 
Normally, this should be a good thing; but, i do like seeing the occasional special offer. Has FL/Logos/Whoever they are this week stopped emailing altogether? 

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 2:38 PM

Go to Logos.com and sign in with your User ID email address & password. Click on your User Name in the upper right. The drop down menu will have Email Preferences. Click on that and select what you want.

Dale Heath

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 20 2018 8:05 PM

Check your spam folder, or the settings on your anti-spam software. Or perhaps your ISP is filtering them out as spam before they even get to you. See if you can whitelist logos.com and faithlife.com domains, or get your ISP to do that if the filtering is happening upstream of you. If you use some online email service like gmail.com there should be settings for controlling how rigorous the spam filtering is and the ability to whitelist certain senders.

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 12:40 PM

I have recently received email from: Forums, have you clicked to receive new posts from any forum? Logos Talk and Logos Bible Software Blog, are you signed up for either one of those?

Dale Heath

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 8:30 PM

Thanks. I do receive the forum emails. As stated I am signed up for Logos emails and used to get them. More than I wanted, but never wanted none. lol. Just way weird. 

Dale E Heath:

I have recently received email from: Forums, have you clicked to receive new posts from any forum? Logos Talk and Logos Bible Software Blog, are you signed up for either one of those?

Dale Heath

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 8:41 PM

I use a ton of Yahoo and Gmail email accts. O used to get far more emails than I wanted, but, now Im not getting any. Far fewer than I want. 
I did check some old filters, and discovered I had "Undisclosed Recipients" as a filter. Do you know if that is how Logos addresses any? I would think if it is, they'd still go to spam, but, who knows? Everything has changed since I set those up many centuries ago-- and just to change for change's sake. No real purpose. 
Thanks for the response, btw.

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 24 2018 12:25 AM

Batman:
I had "Undisclosed Recipients" as a filter.

I would think that this is a very bad idea. As I understand it 'Undisclosed Recipients' will appear every time one uses the Bcc address line to obscure other recipients email addresses.

Using the Bcc line has been good practice and good manners for many a year and with GDPR not using it could leave one open to litigation.

I think that you will find your filter is/will be affecting a lot of useful email.

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 8:52 AM

Probably is not. But that was back in the 90s, when I was receiving 1000s of spam a day at that address, I think. So, I used every filter in the universe. Since they dont actually return to sender, but send to spam box, I still glance at every one. And, yeah, I do get stuff thats not spam sent to the spam box. Crazy thing is, Mark NOT SPAM does not tell them to send future items to the inbox. Stick out tongue
Anyway, that is not blocking Faithlife. I'm just not sure what is happening. Im fairly certain FL has been shooting out tons of admails. Im just not getting them; Tech support cant figure it out, Maybe Yahoo itself is blocking them. Nope. Theyre send thru CBD's by the boatload every day. Donno. Very weird Not sure what Im missing. Not that I would buy; just wondering if theres any great promos Ive missed. :D 

Mike Binks:

Batman:
I had "Undisclosed Recipients" as a filter.

I would think that this is a very bad idea. As I understand it 'Undisclosed Recipients' will appear every time one uses the Bcc address line to obscure other recipients email addresses.

Using the Bcc line has been good practice and good manners for many a year and with GDPR not using it could leave one open to litigation.

I think that you will find your filter is/will be affecting a lot of useful email.

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 10:03 AM

Batman, here's what I've received the past several days:

Here's where I subscribed to everything except the first box:

https://faithlife.com/account/email-preferences/en/

Dale Heath

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 9:18 AM

I have no clue why Im not receiving emails. I have just about everythng checked. Tech support suggested I stop receiving emails and then restart. Still very few emails. I am getting this one, but no sales, offers, etc. Weirdest thing. Im thinking maybe I'll change my email address here, and see if that works. I donno. 

Dale E Heath:

Batman, here's what I've received the past several days:

Here's where I subscribed to everything except the first box:

https://faithlife.com/account/email-preferences/en/

Dale Heath

Posts 54
LogosEmployee

Batman:

I have no clue why Im not receiving emails. I have just about everythng checked. Tech support suggested I stop receiving emails and then restart. Still very few emails. I am getting this one, but no sales, offers, etc. Weirdest thing. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Our email team checked into your account to see what's going on.

It looks like you had a hidden blocker on your account that was preventing us from emailing you. Our email team has removed it, so you should start to receive emails again in the next few days. If you ever wish to unsubscribe or change your preferences in the future, you can do so at the link that was provided above by Dale. 

Let me know if you continue to have issues with this. 

–Christina from Faithlife 

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 5:15 PM

Wow. I guess I ticked someone off REAL good. lol. 
Well, that may explain it, Altho, not sure why tech reps didnt see that. But, if it works again, thats good. Thanks. 

Christina Houck:

Batman:

I have no clue why Im not receiving emails. I have just about everythng checked. Tech support suggested I stop receiving emails and then restart. Still very few emails. I am getting this one, but no sales, offers, etc. Weirdest thing. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Our email team checked into your account to see what's going on.

It looks like you had a hidden blocker on your account that was preventing us from emailing you. Our email team has removed it, so you should start to receive emails again in the next few days. If you ever wish to unsubscribe or change your preferences in the future, you can do so at the link that was provided above by Dale. 

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2018 8:54 AM

That did the trick. Not sure how I got a hidden block; but, removing it worked. I knew it wasn't a setting at my end. 
Thanks. 

Christina Houck:

It looks like you had a hidden blocker on your account that was preventing us from emailing you. Our email team has removed it, so you should start to receive emails again in the next few days. 

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2018 9:20 AM

Batman:
That did the trick. Not sure how I got a hidden block

Perhaps removing your mask will make it all real !!!

Posts 54
LogosEmployee

Batman:

Well, that may explain it, Altho, not sure why tech reps didnt see that. But, if it works again, thats good. Thanks. 

Our system does this automatically to comply with spam regulations, so don't worry, we aren't mad at you Smile I'm glad it's working for you now. 

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2018 8:00 PM

They have regulations? Wow!
Thanks again. I'm happy to announce that I am getting several spam err adverts a day now :D 

Christina Houck:

Batman:

Our system does this automatically to comply with spam regulations, so don't worry, we aren't mad at you Smile I'm glad it's working for you now. 

Posts 327
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2018 8:01 PM

Nah; thats Marvel and Civil War. I'll keep the mask. 

scooter:

Batman:
That did the trick. Not sure how I got a hidden block

Perhaps removing your mask will make it all real !!!

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS