About 3rd party Bible & Dictionary.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
John K. Jeon | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 21 2018 5:55 AM
Hello, I have some questions about LogosBible. So I would like to use the Sinhala Bible & Tamil Bible through the LOGOS. I have made personal books for Sinhala & Tamil Bible. But they are not enough to use them easily. I just want to know that how I can make and add 3rd party Bible for other languages. 2nd thing is about dictionary. On my iMac and Macbook, when I find some words through Apple Dictionary, I just can press CMD+Control+D keys on that word. But the scripture of LOGOS could not support like that. The function keys (CMD+Control+D) don't work. Please tell how I can use any dictionaries on the LOGOS.   Thank you.
Posts 1568
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2018 12:14 PM

Hi John:

Welcome to the Logos user forum.

There are a few tags you'll need to apply to your documents so that when they are compiled into a Personal Book, they will have the basic functionality of a bible. Those functions include, but aren't limited to, Reference navigation, resource linking, Text Comparison, Bible Search, Copy Bible Verses. The tags that will enable these are: Bible Milestones, Bible Text on and off Fields, and Links.

These things are often best demonstrated than explained. If you will post your bibles here, I will try to tag one of them, and then you can attempt the other one. Depending on the layout and formatting of your text, I might try to use Word's Find & Replace, or I may try importing into Excel, where formulas enable a simpler way to apply the tags, then import back into Word. I can't guarantee success, but I'll give it a try.

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5

Posts 17019
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2018 3:13 PM

John K. Jeon:
Hello, I have some questions about LogosBible.

Welcome Big Smile

Noticed this thread was posted in Logos 5 forum so curious about Logos version being used ?

Logos wiki => Personal Books that has many links:

John K. Jeon:
On my iMac and Macbook, when I find some words through Apple Dictionary, I just can press CMD+Control+D keys on that word. But the scripture of LOGOS could not support like that. The function keys (CMD+Control+D) don't work. Please tell how I can use any dictionaries on the LOGOS.

Logos has Tools => Information (can be configured to update on Hover or Click), which has a Definition section.

Another option is right click on word 

• Click Selection
  • Click Power Lookup

For example, Philippians 4:4 begins with Rejoice:

Screen shot shows Information and Power Lookup:

Right Click also has Lookup, which opens your highest prioritized dictionary

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS