Can I Print A Book

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 14
Flackey | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 12 2010 6:42 PM

Is there an easy way to print a hard copy of one of my electronic books?

Thanks,

Andy

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 6:44 PM

That is not possible right now. You can cut and paste portions into a word document or other file.

Posts 19356
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 7:08 PM

Fred Chapman:

That is not possible right now. You can cut and paste portions into a word document or other file.

You mean copy and paste. You can't cut anything out of a Logos book.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 7:39 PM

What they said above ...

However, even once Logos4 supports more printing options, I expect that Copyright and Licensing will place some limits on what we will be permitted.

If it was too easy to print whole books, we might expect some of the rights-holders to request Logos to place print-lockout on selected resources. Not unlike how a PDF file can let you read it, but limit your copy or print options.

If there was not limits on what rights Logos is permitted to pass on to us as users, there would be no issue with NIV and other titles on iPhone etc.

Posts 3859
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 7:56 PM

Jim Towler:
However, even once Logos4 supports more printing options, I expect that Copyright and Licensing will place some limits on what we will be permitted.

I do know what kind of limits will be put on copying in L4 - maybe someone has played with this.  In L3, the limits were approximately one chapter of a book.  It seems in larger monographs, there were also page or word limits.  These limits allowed snippets to be copied - but were designed to prevent a user from copying an entire copyrighted book.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2010 8:25 PM

Hi Floyd.

I think I saw "177 verses" or something somewhere. I expect something like that but maybe smaller might apply to printing.

An online service I use for reading computer books allows me 5 download tokens per month. Mostly one book chapter costs one token. Sometimes 0.5 or 2. The PDF downloads have my name, email address and account number all over them, and watermarks too. I'd rather it did not, but if thats the only way I can be permitted to have that access, at least I can choose or not. (I can read an unlimited amount online. Just my time and network bandwidth.)

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 3:40 AM

Another reason why a whole book could not be printed, if I could do that, I could easily make a very nice formatted PDF file out of it since there are print drivers that don't print but create the PDF (which look and act just like a printer in your system).  So I could have a nice PDF file of a purchased resource to distribute, or worse.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 10:17 AM

Rosie Perera:

Fred Chapman:

You mean copy and paste. You can't cut anything out of a Logos book.

I did mean "copy". Thanks Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS