Is it possible to just copy the Bible verses without all the annotations and footnotes please?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 26 2018 7:46 AM

I continue to marvel (and yes be a bit dismayed) on how challenging it is to do the simplest of tasks within Logos.

Does anyone know how to just simply copy some ESV Bible text without all the annotations and footnotes that seem to come along with it please?

Yes some of us really are this foundational with the software after all these years...but I do not believe its entirely my fault.  Logos is just far too complicated and not tuned in to what I would call normal everyday common usage yet.

Blessings,

Joshua in Rhode Island
Seminary Mdiv Graduate from Luther Rice seeking full time work as associate pastor
Grateful servant of God's Righteousness.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 7:53 AM

after some hunting I think I found it...look under visual filters and then select Bible text only.  I would post a photo but my computer and Logos are not willing to work together with images today for some reason.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 7:55 AM

JoshInRI:
Does anyone know how to just simply copy some ESV Bible text without all the annotations and footnotes that seem to come along with it please?

Assuming you are using Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V (as opposed to using the Copy Bible Verses Tool) you need to look at a couple of settings (under Tools -> Program Settings)

If you set "Copy Citations" and "Copy Footnotes" to "No" then you'll just get the text.

Does this give you what you need?

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 7:56 AM

JoshInRI:
after some hunting I think I found it...look under visual filters and then select Bible text only

That changes how the text is displayed but you shouldn't need to do that just to achieve a copy.

Posts 2818
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2018 10:20 AM

JoshInRI:
how to just simply copy some ESV Bible text without all the annotations and footnotes

The easiest way is to set up the Copy Bible Verses tool how you want it then use that instead of Ctrl-C.  The number of ways to set that tool up are almost limitless. 

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 234
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 28 2018 4:42 AM

JoshInRI:

I continue to marvel (and yes be a bit dismayed) on how challenging it is to do the simplest of tasks within Logos.

I have set the Copy Bible Verses as a shortcut C on the toolbar.  When I want to copy text from the Scriptures, I highlight the text I want, and click on my shortcut.   I press copy and it is done. 

Blessings, 

Kevin 

Posts 82
Joey Midgett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 28 2018 6:42 AM

Kevin Olson:

JoshInRI:

I have set the Copy Bible Verses as a shortcut C on the toolbar.  When I want to copy text from the Scriptures, I highlight the text I want, and click on my shortcut.   I press copy and it is done. 

Blessings, 

Kevin 

Thanks for that tip. I always pulled up copy bible verses when writing my sermons, but did not like the fact it took up that little it of real estate on my monitor. This helps a lot.

Posts 84
Rick Carmickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 29 2018 1:21 PM

CTRL + ALT + B for the keyboard option.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS