Logos 8 on July?

Page 3 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 59 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 221
Andrรฉ Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2018 10:28 PM

James McAdams:

My guess is that the popcorn thing is a reference to a film - Fragments of Truth download release date announcement? Just a guess, though.

You might be right that Fragments of Truth will be available for purchase/download tomorrow. 

Something is in the works at least...

Posts 103
David Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:14 AM

Yep, preorders now open:

Posts 1850
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:53 AM

Clicking the blue ray + Faithlife tv option wants to charge $34 not the $29.99 shown on the preorder page.   

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 11:55 AM

The $5 is for shipping of the DVD

Posts 3154
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 5:08 PM

abondservant:

60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year. 2 years... Works out to be about 63,072,000 seconds.

In order for some to be happy, you have to release precisely between 63,071,999 - 63,072,001 seconds.

Watch it come out in September. Wink

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:25 PM

André Kamphuis:

Faithlife, are we right to conclude that the "big announcement" this morning was the availability of Fragments of Truth for pre-order OR the announcement of the integration of LiveSwap with Proclaim?

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 6601
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 7:17 PM

Daniel Radke:

André Kamphuis:

Faithlife, are we right to conclude that the "big announcement" this morning was the availability of Fragments of Truth for pre-order OR the announcement of the integration of LiveSwap with Proclaim?

Looking at the popcorn ๐Ÿฟ it was definitely about the movie ๐ŸŽฅ 

DAL

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:09 PM

I am not really looking for Logos 8, 

I like what I have in Logos 7 still with many things I don't use fully, and Seven is the number of completeness and perfection (both physical and spiritual).

So I like Logos ( Gods Word ) and God resting on the 7th day.

Unless 8 has something that we just must have, it will be hard for me to upgrade, also money is a tight for me. WIth the last upgrade I may have most of what i need.

I thank Logos for all the programs and discounts that I got in the process of building my Library.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 696
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:45 PM

I'm still in debt up to my eyeballs, paying off Logos 7. It was nice to have it all at once, but I don't think I'll ever do that again. Pay as you go is best.

Dale Heath

Posts 696
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:52 PM

Lee:

Unless 8 has something that we just must have, it will be hard for me to upgrade, also money is a tight for me.

Logos 8 Starter should be very affordable for us who already have an L7 base package.

Dale Heath

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 12:22 AM

Dale E Heath:

Lee:

Unless 8 has something that we just must have, it will be hard for me to upgrade, also money is a tight for me.

Logos 8 Starter should be very affordable for us who already have an L7 base package.

Dale Heath

and, long runs the fox... eventually the Logos 8 engine will be available without any further investment. This must be good news for those that find Logos 7 does everything they need and at best Logos 8 can only provide things that they desire.  :-)

Posts 694
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 3:54 PM

I don't remember them every saying it was a two-year release cycle. 

I don't think they have ever said anything about a release cycle.

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 6:13 PM

Jerry Bush:
I don't think they have ever said anything about a release cycle.

Bob has done so, although I don't have a link. My recollection is that he mentioned moving towards a "two year" release cycle. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 10:02 PM

mike:

(2) Make eBook reader for pdf, mobi & epub

Yes

L8 would be nice. It just better not be subscription-based.

Posts 54
LogosEmployee

Daniel Radke:

This announcement was about Fragments of Truth being available for pre-order

Posts 59
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2018 7:29 AM

@Christina what is the run time of the FOT movie?

Posts 2829
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2018 2:22 PM

MWW:

doc:

If you say 2 years then it’s 2 years, the same month every two years. None of this redefining what two years means to justify a change.

IMHO 'straining for gnats' 

I can't believe the silliness about this.  Wait, I did raise 4 children and am working on 12 grandchildren.  Well, I guess I can believe it.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 696
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 19 2018 2:40 PM

Josh:

@Christina what is the run time of the FOT movie?

1 hr. 15 min., which is a lot less than 2 yr.

Posts 6601
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:36 AM

Michael Childs:

MWW:

doc:

If you say 2 years then it’s 2 years, the same month every two years. None of this redefining what two years means to justify a change.

IMHO 'straining for gnats' 

I can't believe the silliness about this.  Wait, I did raise 4 children and am working on 12 grandchildren.  Well, I guess I can believe it.

Wait, didn’t Jesus resurrect on the third day or three days later? Were they 3 full 24 hour days or just partial? I’m confused now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ Not!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜

DAL

Posts 664
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:25 AM

I started on Logos with Logos 6 and a free one-year Logos Now subscription. The features I previewed were what prompted me to upgrade when Logos 7 came out (along with the good price-point Logos 7 Bronze from dynamic pricing).

I did a Faithlife Connect free trial and wasn't as impressed with the newer features. I hope Logos focuses on the best most helpful/useful features for Logos 8 and executes them well, and doesn't just add stuff just for the sake of adding stuff. Logos 7 didn't exactly match Logos 6 plus Logos Now. I wonder if the same will be true with Logos 8.

Page 3 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS