How to Create a Word List Sorted by Verse

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
David Watkins | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 31 2018 5:44 PM

I am wanting to create a Word List of Hebrew words in a specific passage and then create a word list in verse order.  I know that the verse is not a separate column which appears when you go into the window but I am wondering if somebody has come up with a work around which ultimately produces the desired result. 

If the words are morphologically tagged I am wondering if such tagging does include verse or position in verse.  Perhaps that is a subtlety that is too hard to code for.  I am not a coder and so I do not know the difficultly of producing what I am asking for.

If anybody has any ideas I really would like to make your acquaintance so that we might be able to come to a conclusion together that others would no doubt benefit from.

Logos is such a great product if we can tweak it to include this capability it would be an even greater product.

Yours in His Service,

David Watkins

Posts 17964
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 5:01 AM

David Watkins:
I am wanting to create a Word List of Hebrew words in a specific passage and then create a word list in verse order. 

Welcome Big Smile

Morph Search has Analysis that can be sorted by Reference with grouping of Hebrew Lemmas:

@A OR @C OR @D OR @G OR @I OR @J OR @N OR @P OR @R OR @U OR @V OR @X

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24943
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 5:54 AM

David Watkins:
I am wanting to create a Word List of Hebrew words in a specific passage and then create a word list in verse order. 

You can't create a list of words by verse because Word List provides a single occurrence of each lemma with a Count.

I created the Section label after adding words from Verse 1, then the other Section labels after adding words from Verse 2, then Verse 3. But, for example, all occurrences of 'God' are consolidated in v1 (the Counts are wrong because of something else I did).

Hence the Search Analysis suggested above.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3
David Watkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 8:40 PM

Thank you Dave for your input.

Sorry that I didn't express my thanks earlier but I have been particularly busy with work commitments

Once again thank you for your help on this matter

Yours,

David Watkins

Sydney, Australia

Posts 3
David Watkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 8:41 PM

Thank you Keep Smiling for Jesus,

You help my smile get a little more pronounced.

I will look at the Morph Query Document feature more closely.

Thank you for your response,

David Watkins, Sydney, Australia

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS