Visual Filter for Names including their Pronouns

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Elliot Swaim | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 1 2018 6:07 AM

I'm studying the book of James, and I want to use the visual filters to highlight the words God and his pronouns, and then Jesus, Christ, etc. and his pronouns.  Preferably, it would select any words that relate to God or Jesus so that it could include things like "The son of Man" or "The Son of God" and differentiate between "Lord" referring to God and "Lord" referring to Jesus.  I don't know if that second part is possible, but how can I at least filter someone's name including their pronouns?

Posts 21842
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 12:42 PM

Hi Elliott

Try <Person Jesus> or <Person God>

This does depend on having purchased the features to do this - but please give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Graham

Posts 24835
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 4:54 PM

If you want to distinguish nouns from pronouns in a bible with OT and NT, then you need queries like:

<Person God>  INTERSECTS <LogosMorphGr ~ N????>, <LogosMorphHeb ~ N?????>    -- Nouns for God

<Person God>  INTERSECTS <LogosMorphGr ~ R??????>, <LogosMorphHeb ~ R??????>   -- Pronouns

MorphGr = NT Greek

MorphHeb = OT Hebrew

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 21842
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 3:02 AM

Graham Criddle:
Try <Person Jesus> or <Person God>

Back at a computer I thought it might help posting some screenshots:

And to create a visual filter - click the panel icon and choose "Save as Visual Filter"

Posts 7
Elliot Swaim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2018 9:44 AM

Thanks for all of your responses.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that I have the feature to do <Person Jesus>, etc.  If I do a Basic search of <Person Jesus>, I only come up with family tree infographics from "Biblical People Diagrams", factbook about Jesus, etc.  There are no results from any of my books.  Also, if I try <Person Jesus> in the Bible search, there are no results.  The same thing happens with visual filters.  But thanks anyway for your answers.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS