Bug?: Morph Query document not finding all suffixed pronouns in the LHB

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1441
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 3 2018 2:49 AM

In Joshua 7:21, "my tent" is הָאָֽהֳלִ֖י in the Hebrew, with an article + noun + suffixed pronoun. This construction is rare, and I wanted to search for other instances in the LHB. In the Morph search, this seems to work: lemma:הַ@A BEFORE 0 WORDS <LogosMorphHeb ~ NC????> BEFORE 0 WORDS <LogosMorphHeb ~ RS?????>

I thought searching for article+noun+suffix would be easy in the Morph Query documents, but I have been unable to successfully create the search so far using Morph Query.

The problems as best I can tell is that the Morph Query documents don't seem to be finding suffixed pronouns correctly. So, a normal Morph search for <LogosMorphHeb ~ RS?????> finds 45,359 results, while a Morph Query Document search for suffixed pronouns only finds 33,687 results. Among others, it doesn't find הָאָֽהֳלִ֖י in Joshua 7:21.

Here is my Morph Query document, simply trying to find all suffixed pronouns. This is just the default settings of the Morph Document, plus suffixed pronoun. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug / tagging problem? Thanks.

Posts 23131
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2018 4:16 PM

Fr Devin Roza:
The problems as best I can tell is that the Morph Query documents don't seem to be finding suffixed pronouns correctly.

I can find article + noun + pronoun (below) but the Pronoun is in a different segment (word) to article +noun. There are no results if I specify the pronoun to be suffixed.

Faithlife, please remove the column space between segments!

As a variant I can find Noun Common+PronounSuffixed with article in a separate word, but not the results sought!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS