Bringing Your BibleWorks User Content to Logos

Page 5 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 87 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 81
LogosEmployee
Ed Ball (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 8:25 AM

Sorry there is no feedback. Unfortunately any error messages only show up in the logs.

Can you try using a full Windows path, with backslashes instead of slashes? For example:

import bibleworks from C:\Users\jgaryellison\Desktop\notes

Posts 1593
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 9:00 AM

Hmmm. I'm realizing I have no idea if my chapter notes imported correctly or where to find them. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 81
LogosEmployee
Ed Ball (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 1:58 PM

Ed Ball (Faithlife):
Can you try using a full Windows path

Never mind; that's a perfectly valid Mac path. I can see that the import is failing on our end; I will investigate further.

Posts 81
LogosEmployee
Ed Ball (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 2:19 PM

J. Gary Ellison:
I have 982 chapter notes and about 3,500 verse notes.

It looks like the upload might be taking too long. That's something we should fix, but you might be able to work around the issue by importing fewer notes at a time. Since there is no progress indicator, after you type the import command, be sure to leave Logos running for 5 minutes or more before closing Logos or trying another import.

Posts 44
J. Gary Ellison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 5:58 PM

I'm on a Mac. I used BibleWorks with VMware Fusion, but have copied the Notes directory (folder) over to my desktop, so /Users/jgaryellison/Desktop/notes/ is the full path.

I have been able to group some of the files in folders and am seeing some success. The chapter notes are appearing at the heads of chapters, so that is very good. It still is taking many attempts and only small uploads at a time.

I keep getting the sync logo with a red ! in the center even when trying a small upload. It is a problem with my Internet.

I pay $100 a month and am supposed to get 1MB of speed, but it's more like 500K. Yes, that's right. Internet is very expensive in the third world (Republic of Vanuatu).

I am happy to see the chapter notes that have synced and attached to their chapters. I am hoping that the verse notes will also be attached to verses.

Thank you for your help!

Posts 44
J. Gary Ellison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2021 3:37 PM

I have been able to import 833 chapter notes from BibleWorks and they are correctly linked to the biblical text. Logos imported formatting (bold and colors). It is also importing tables as tables. Yeah! Images have to be imported using "Insert media."

I have had to do it in multiple imports, importing 50 or so files at a time, but it worked. That is very helpful with the transition!

I am still wondering how to import the verse files so that they are correctly linked to verses. Right now they are simply "floating logions," unanchored to the biblical text. I could batch rename the files to export. I tried renaming 1 Timothy files 1TI1_8.bww, 1TI1_15.bww, etc. from their original names in the 1TI folder. They imported, but are still unlinked to verses. Since chapter notes can be imported and linked to chapters, there must be a way that Logos can link verse notes to verses. 

I'm very happy that I can see my previous chapter work in Logos 9. That's is a big advance. Please help me figure out how to import the verse notes.

Thank you!

Posts 81
LogosEmployee
Ed Ball (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2021 3:49 PM

J. Gary Ellison:
Please help me figure out how to import the verse notes.

The 1TI folder must be inside the folder that you import. So if the note file is /Users/jgaryellison/Desktop/notebatch/1TI/1_8.bww, you have to import bibleworks from /Users/jgaryellison/Desktop/notebatch. import bibleworks from /Users/jgaryellison/Desktop/notebatch/1TI will not link the verses.

Posts 44
J. Gary Ellison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2021 9:15 PM

Thanks for your help, Ed. I was not able to get to work, but I was able to manually enter 2,875 verse-note files using a macro program. I set it to work overnight and it was finished when I got up in the morning. I have over 350 topics in those verses, such as "asides" in the Gospel of John, Mormonism, the Trinity, etc. I can now continue the work in Logos.

Thanks again for your help.

Page 5 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS