Free Dead Sea Scrolls Download From Rose Publishing

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 495
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 8 2018 12:12 PM

I've got this notice from Faithlife to download the Dead Sea Scrolls but when I click on the Download Link, it give me the following notice ... "Your connection is not private." 

Has anyone else notice this and also, is this a program that blends into Logos or is this another program altogether? 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 10125
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:07 PM

Bootjack:

I've got this notice from Faithlife to download the Dead Sea Scrolls but when I click on the Download Link, it give me the following notice ... "Your connection is not private." 

Has anyone else notice this and also, is this a program that blends into Logos or is this another program altogether? 

this is the usual way a browser reacts when it is directed towards a https:// address and can't validate the security certificate (wrong, outdated, non-exitsing) - my Chrome does the same when clicking this FL Partner offer. The website is not on FL's domain, so the advertising partner is responsible for setting this up wrongly. 

You can go to "advanced" and choose to follow the insecure link nevertheless - I did and the bigger issue for me was that the page I landed on denied access: 

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.hendrickson.bible/free-dead-sea-scrolls-echart-fl?" on this server.

oh well. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 17
LogosEmployee
Paul Kirby | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:27 PM

I apologize for the problem. As NB.Mick correctly noted, this is a partner site, and we can't directly control what happens.

Obviously, we don't want you to have this kind of experience from a Partner Offers send, and we're working with the partner to resolve the issue, if possible.

Posts 3195
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:35 PM

There are two download links use the one within the text of the email it worked, I declined it they want you to sign up for further notices no thanks.

Posts 495
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 3:58 PM

Good. Thanks for the responses. Is the program "dead sea scrolls" that which will work within Logos?

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 3691
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 5:08 AM

I might have missed this offer (unless I don't qualify?). Whyndell, what is the link that works?

Posts 2214
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 5:58 AM

The downloads are pdfs, not Logos versions.

Posts 3195
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 12:31 PM

Francis:

I might have missed this offer (unless I don't qualify?). Whyndell, what is the link that works?

Sorry I already deleted the email- maybe someone else kept it.

Posts 495
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 12:49 PM

Thank you John for the info. 

Posts 2339
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 2:06 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
Sorry I already deleted the email- maybe someone else kept it.

You probably already know this, but, you can usually recover deleted emails if you haven't deleted them from "trash."

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS