Cannot place order - Technical Error?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 248
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 14 2018 6:42 PM

Dear FL,

I placed the item in cart. I tried checking out several times. The same error message keeps appearing no matter what payment method I chose:

"We were unable to process your request. Please try again or contact us if you feel you received this in error."

Please assist. Thank you!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 26248
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 6:43 PM

which item? Some items are limited by regions. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 248
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 6:46 PM

Hi

This was the item

https://www.logos.com/product/38876/wea-theological-resource-library-version-3

Director

Singapore

Posts 248
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 6:54 PM

Tried checking out another item - didn't work either. Same error message.

Director

Singapore

Posts 26248
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 7:08 PM

OK. I would suggest trying a different browser. You may have bad cookie. 

Posts 20299
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 10:26 PM

I had the same experience at the weekend.

I was able to place the order from a different device

Posts 248
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 3:27 AM

Yes Graham, I managed to check out on another computer. Strange times isn't it? Could it be North Korea listening to us? :D

Director

Singapore

Posts 26248
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 3:31 AM

...Which may indicate bad cookies. If you still have the problem next time, you might want to trash them. 

Posts 5638
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 3:53 AM

It happened to me once but I went ahead and cleared my browsing history and it fixed the problem.

DAL

Posts 9396
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 7:09 AM

JT (alabama24):

...Which may indicate bad cookies. If you still have the problem next time, you might want to trash them. 

Cookie-wise, I thought they use a common cookie between their major sites. But logging in on Logos.com, then switching to the forum (even thru the site ref at the bottom) requires another log in for me, about 1/3rd of the time.  The another 1/3rd, their re-authorization request. I stay cookie clean most of the time.

Posts 8872
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 8:35 AM

Same problem here. First browser didn't work. Second browser didn't work. Third browser finally worked – but only after I reloaded the 'Place order'-page a second time. It shouldn't be this hard to place an order!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 233
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 9:15 AM

We are investigating an issue where the browser extension Adblock Plus appears to be causing an issue with checkout. We apologize for the inconvenience and we are actively looking into it. 

In the meantime, please use an alternate browser that does not have Adblock Plus to complete your order. If you disable Adblock Plus on your existing browser, you'll need to clear your cache and cookies before the checkout process will work.

If anyone on this thread has experienced this issue and is using a different ad blocker (or none at all), please let us know because it will help with our investigation. 

Thank you for the report. 

Posts 8872
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 9:35 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:
If anyone on this thread has experienced this issue and is using a different ad blocker (or none at all), please let us know because it will help with our investigation. 

I use no ad blocker on Firefox, but it didn't work anyway. I have, however, logged into logos.com from it before, though rarely.

On Google Chrome, where it worked, I am fairly sure I have never logged in before.

(Safari, my regular browser, uses AdBlock.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 233
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 9:52 AM

fgh:

I use no ad blocker on Firefox, but it didn't work anyway. I have, however, logged into logos.com from it before, though rarely.

On Google Chrome, where it worked, I am fairly sure I have never logged in before.

(Safari, my regular browser, uses AdBlock.)

Thanks for the additional information. 

Posts 233
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 11:30 AM

This has been resolved. Please let us know if you experience any issues with checkout. Thank you for your patience. 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS