Look At the Book - Can We Expect an Update?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1771
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2021 11:16 AM

Just a heads up. Desiring God ministries changed how they deliver the content. Last I checked with them they weren't producing the outlines anymore.

This means we were only able to add new videos and we weren't able to add new outlines.

Posts 189
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2021 11:28 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Just a heads up. Desiring God ministries changed how they deliver the content. Last I checked with them they weren't producing the outlines anymore.

This means we were only able to add new videos and we weren't able to add new outlines.

Thanks.  It took me a while to figure that out.  I was looking at the outlines and didn't find newer material, but switched to videos and found the updates.

Thanks,

Bob

Posts 8946
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2021 1:11 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Thanks! We can always take notes 👍😁👌

Posts 5048
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2021 10:28 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Thank you Kyle!

Now we just need a J-Mac Sermon update :)

Posts 1270
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2022 8:26 PM

I have been waiting for an update on these videos but don't think that I received any in the last little while. The latest copyright of my videos in Logos is still 2015.

When I searched my library for some titles of Look at the Book Labs published on DesiringGod.org in 2020, they do not show in my library.

Will they come to Logos?

Posts 1270
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2022 8:37 PM

The following is from the feedback website:

How can I get them? Also labs from 2019 do not show in my library.

Posts 1771
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2022 1:33 PM

There are two resources. Here are the IDs with the resource information:

Text Resources:

LLS:LOOKBOOKLAB
2021-09-20T16:50:45Z
LOOKBOOKLAB.logos4

Video Resource

LLS:LOOKBOOKLABVID
2021-09-20T19:35:07Z
LOOKBOOKLABVID.logos4

The text resource was largely untouched. We had to change some links and there may have been some formatting changes but otherwise had no new content.

The main resource update was to the video resource and it has files through 2019. The resource is organized canonically so the content is interspersed throughout. The video "Does God Rule over Sin?: Genesis 50:16-21" from February 9, 2019 is an example.

The reason the text resource didn't get updated is Desiring God ministries no longer generate outlines so we didn't have any material to add.

Hope that helps.

Posts 1270
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2022 8:10 PM

Hi Kyle,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, I have this resource and even found the video that you described. 

I guess I did not notice the update as the Bible references of the Piper labs do not show up in the courses tool or the passage guide. The text shown in the screenshot below cannot be selected, i.e., I assume it is a picture rather than searchable text. So the new labs are great to work through one-by-one but won't show up in searches. Could this be fixed?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS