Community Notes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 24 2018 1:53 PM

Recently I am trying to learn about Logos/Verbum in a systematic and comprehensive way.

This evening I have been looking at 'Community Notes'. Initially it seems this feature is of no use to me. Please let me know how I could benefit from it.

I am a Catholic, interested in the Bible and the Fathers of the Church, and would like to be in contact with those of similar interests.

Thanks!

Posts 11720
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 24 2018 2:47 PM

Noel Fitzpatrick:

I have been looking at 'Community Notes'. Initially it seems this feature is of no use to me. Please let me know how I could benefit from it.

I am a Catholic, interested in the Bible and the Fathers of the Church, and would like to be in contact with those of similar interests.

Community Notes (CN) are a way to not only share your notes with a Faithlife group, but also to benefit from other users' notes and to interact with them. This differentiates CNs from shared notebooks.

From your description I'd expect you might be interested in the Faithlife group Verbum. There also used to be a very active group covering the Catholic Year of Faith back some years ago, both groups use(d) Community Notes. Once you're a follower or member, you can share your CNs with the group, see the group's CNs in your resources such as the Catholic bible editions in Logos or e.g. the CCC and comment on them. 

For example, the first such CN I find in my bibles is attached to Gen 1:26, showing up in all bibles when the Visual filter is activated for notes from that group:

Note that CNs you created yourself with show up as a filled speaking bubble, CNs created by other people are indicated in an outlined speaking bubble. This CN has not been commented upon, but four users affirmed it with "Amen"

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 25 2018 8:49 PM

NB.Mike,

many thanks for your very helpful post. I have followed your advice and have made considerable progress.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS