Passage List needs to permit multiple entry of a verse

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 14 2010 5:17 PM | Locked

i really like Passage Lists, thanks!

But when building a Passage list with headings, i keep running into the problem where i need to add a passage which already exists in the list. The way it works now it just highlights the passage which was entered earlier under a different heading (headings that i have added).

Please add a feature to it which would permit adding a passage multiple times in different locations (e.g. under different headings).

Thanks

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:03 PM | Locked

I've successfully added multiple copies of the same reference in a passage list with headings. Click and hold on the passage you want duplicated. Drag it to the spot where you want it duplicated. You will now have two copies of the same verse in the list.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:07 PM | Locked

Kevin Becker:
I've successfully added multiple copies of the same reference in a passage list with headings. Click and hold on the passage you want duplicated. Drag it to the spot where you want it duplicated. You will now have two copies of the same verse in the list.

Thanks Kevin for responding!

When i click and drag a reference, it just moves the reference to the new location. (thus removing it from its original location and i still have one copy of that reference). Do i need to hold some other key down while dragging?

EDIT: ahh.... i was dragging the text of the reference. You are right, if i drag the actual reference it does duplicate it. Thanks!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:25 PM | Locked

steve clark:
EDIT: ahh.... i was dragging the text of the reference. You are right, if i drag the actual reference it does duplicate it. Thanks!

I'm glad you figured it out. I was beginning to doubt my sanity. Sometimes it duplicated it and other times it didn't! I finally figured out what you did, where you click matters! That distinction definitely needs to be in the wiki! Were you planning on doing a passage list page or should I start one this weekend?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:45 PM | Locked

Kevin Becker:
That distinction definitely needs to be in the wiki! Were you planning on doing a passage list page or should I start one this weekend?

My weedend is filledup. Why don't you go for it if you have time Smile

Thanks, i was going a little nuts trying to figure out how to get around this problem. But thanks to you i am moving forward.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS