Highlighting Shortcuts in L4c

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 15 2010 7:29 AM

I'm having trouble figuring out how to assign a shortcut letter to a highlight.

In the highlighting tool, I right click on the highlight I want a shortcut for, the menu below pops up, then I attempt to give the "Shortcut key:" menu item focus (note that the mouse is near, not on, the option--odd--) but try as I can, I can go no further in the process.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?  I tried it on my other PC and get the same result, so it isn't a one-off.

My main PC is Win7HP64; the reserve PC is VistaHP32.  Both are running the L4c release. I've not been in the Beta channel.

Posts 639
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 8:33 AM

Hey Ward,

I'm having the exact same problem.

Ryan

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 8:41 AM

*smile*    see and "mouse" the little "thingy" to the right ...........     it will give you a list of the alphabet          .........    Peace and Joy to you!      ....    Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 8:50 AM

1. Click on a highlighter style
  2. Click on Shortcut key
  3. On the keyboard use the Up arrow once. You will see the A appear.
  4. Click on the down arrow to the right of A and a pop-up menu will appear. Select the key that you want to assign to this highlighting.
  5. After clicking on a letter, you will see the letter showing next to your highlight style. 

To remove a letter from you highlight style

1. Right click on the highlight style
  2. In the pop-up menu click on Clear shortcut.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 8:55 AM

Thanks Logos, I really appreciate the shortcut key!

Posts 639
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 8:55 AM

Oh the simple explanations are the most embarrassing!!!  Embarrassed

But many thanks Steve, Praiser and Milford. I appreciate it. 

Posts 609
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 10:26 AM

Yes  Adding to the thanks. I hadn't even gotten around to trying the shortcuts, because I didn't want to take the time to figure it out, but you guys made it so simple.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 10:28 AM

steve clark:

• Click on a highlighter style
  • Click on Shortcut key
  • On the keyboard use the Up arrow once. You will see the A appear.
  • Click on the down arrow to the right of A and a pop-up menu will appear. Select the key that you want to assign to this highlighting.
  • After clicking on a letter, you will see the letter showing next to your highlight style. 
  • Thanks Steve! I just stole used your images and words to update the Highlighting wiki page. You just saved me some time! Yes

Posts 1210
    Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 10:44 AM

Kevin Becker:

Thanks Steve! I just stole used your images and words to update the Highlighting wiki page. You just saved me some time! Yes

Thanks to everyone & for updating the Wiki!

I would have never figured out that I had to give the Arrow focus instead of the Menu Option!

Hopefully that menu build becomes a little more intuitive in a future release (and the wierd issue with mouse position WRT focus is resolved)...until then, I'm highlighting away with much greater efficiency! Big Smile

Posts 3578
    steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 1:49 PM

Kevin Becker:
    Thanks Steve! I just stole used your images and words to update the Highlighting wiki page. You just saved me some time!

LOL , no problem brother, glad i could help. Just hope that i spell'd things right Smile.

Thanks for all the work you do on the wiki and on the forum !!

Posts 27974
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 5:45 PM

Kevin Becker:

steve clark:

• Click on Shortcut key
  • Click on the down arrow to the right of A and a pop-up menu will appear. Select the key that you want to assign to this highlighting.
  • After clicking on a letter, you will see the letter showing next to your highlight style. 
  • Thanks Steve! I just stole used your images and words to update the Highlighting wiki page. You just saved me some time! Yes

You might note Kevin that the third step with Up arrow did nothing and the "A" only appears if it was already assigned! I only found it necessary to click on the little arrow after right clicking on the style whether it was a new assignment or changing a previous assignment.

Dave
    ===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 19689
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 5:58 PM

Dave Hooton:

Kevin Becker:

steve clark:

• Click on Shortcut key

You might note Kevin that the third step with Up arrow did nothing and the "A" only appears if it was already assigned! I only found it necessary to click on the little arrow after right clicking on the style whether it was a new assignment or changing a previous assignment.

Yes, Steve's steps 2 and 3 are entirely unnecessary, and it's a right click on the highlighter style. I just right click on highlight style (which drops down the context menu), then click on the little dropdown arrow to the right of "Shortcut key:" and that pops up the assignments, then click on a letter to assign it. Then hit Escape (or click outside the highlighting palette somewhere) for the original dropdown menu to go away.

BTW, pressing Up arrow (as you recommended in your step three, Steve) will change the assignment from whatever letter it's assigned to to the previous letter (e.g., O --> N). Down arrow will assign it to the next letter (or A if it wasn't assigned to anything yet).

Posts 3578
    steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 7:10 PM

Rosie Perera:
    Yes, Steve's steps 2 and 3 are entirely unnecessary, and it's a right click on the highlighter style. I just right click on highlight style (which drops down the context menu), then click on the little dropdown arrow to the right of "Shortcut key:" and that pops up the assignments, then click on a letter to assign it.

1. Right click on a highlighter style
    2. On the pop-up menu click on the arrow to the right of Shortcut key
    3. In the new pop-up menu click on the letter that you want to assign to this highlighter shortcut.
    4. Hit Esc or click somewhere else to dismiss the pop-up menus.

Is this what ya'll want? I was still drinking coffee this morning when i answered this post. Also i had not used this new feature before. Think i will let Kevin update the wiki page when he gets time.

Posts 19689
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 7:12 PM

steve clark:

Is this what ya'll want? I was still drinking coffee this morning when i answered this post. Also i had not used this new feature before. Think i will let Kevin update the wiki page when he gets time. 

Yup, looks great. I'll update the wiki. And if Kevin doesn't like it he can change it.

Posts 3578
    steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 7:34 PM

That was quick...less than 5 minutes

Posts 27974
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 10:15 PM

steve clark:
    Is this what ya'll want? I was still drinking coffee this morning when i answered this post. Also i had not used this new feature before.

We learn off each other! I couldn't get the arrow keys to do anything and couldn't see how the A got there unless it was a previous assignment.  Your revised description is better!

Dave
    ===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3578
    steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 10:50 AM

Dave Hooton:
    We learn off each other!

Yes we/i do. Have learned a lot about L4 from all of you on this forum. Have learned a lot in making the wiki pages too (it forces me to experiment, read the help, read the forum posts, and ask questions here on the forum to learn more). Thanks to all of you who serve here on the forum!

P.S. thanks to both of you for correcting me and showing me my error!

Edit: please continue to do so, i'm sure that it won't be my last Smile

Posts 2746
    Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 1:47 PM

I just wanted to add that the way highlighting works now in Logos 4.0c is just absolutely wonderful. It used to be quite complicated before. After Logos4c Beta came, hitting the assigned key after you got text into the block has been just so much easier. Thank you Logos again for that.

Bohuslav

Posts 1210
    Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 6:51 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

I just wanted to add that the way highlighting works now in Logos 4.0c is just absolutely wonderful. It used to be quite complicated before. After Logos4c Beta came, hitting the assigned key after you got text into the block has been just so much easier. Thank you Logos again for that.

Yes  ditto--I'm not fighting the GUI anymore.Big Smile

An unfulfilled wish does remain though...   It would be nice to be able to erase a specific type of highlighting by applying that type of highlighting a second time...using "Erase" on an area where I have multiple types of highlighting wipes out everything, when I usually just want to get rid of one type of highlighting.

Posts 27974
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 8:42 PM

Ward Walker:
    An unfulfilled wish does remain though...   It would be nice to be able to erase a specific type of highlighting by applying that type of highlighting a second time...using "Erase" on an area where I have multiple types of highlighting wipes out everything, when I usually just want to get rid of one type of highlighting.

Ward, for best results please submit this with the preface SUGGESTION: to the PC Beta forum.

Dave
    ===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS