Crash - Passage guide crashes Logos 7 on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2

I'm using Logos 7.16.0.0012 on a Mac running OS 10.12.6. Trying to use the Passage guide for Genesis 1:1 causes Logos to crash consistently. I've replicated six times (this is my first report), including after a computer restart. 

Posts 2
Bryan Hudgens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 6 2018 4:14 PM

Update with additional info (sorry - should've included above):

Logos does not crash when using the Passage guide for other passages; I just tried using several other random passages throughout the Bible. After the Passages guide worked on those other passages, it immediately crashed Logos when I tried Gen 1:1 again. 

Posts 10379
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2018 5:55 AM

Welcome to the forums—sorry that you are having difficulty.

Afraid that I cannot duplicate your experience.

Is there some reason that you have not upgraded your OS to 10.13? I doubt that it will make a difference with this problem, but I like to keep my OS up-to-date—with stable releases.

Posts 17747
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2018 3:55 PM

Bryan Hudgens:
Trying to use the Passage guide for Genesis 1:1 causes Logos to crash consistently.

Welcome Big Smile

One idea is disconnecting Mac from internet followed by launching Logos and running Passage Guide. Logos.log file shows a section is crashing, but not know which section. Hypothesis is an online section crashing so launching without internet for offline use => https://wiki.logos.com/Keyboard_Shortcuts_For_Mac may allow Passage Guide to work OK, which would allow all sections to be closed. Next could reconnect Mac to network followed by launching Logos then opening Passage Guide: open one section at a time to see if crash repeats. Isolating section(s) that crash Passage Guide would be helpful.

Apologies since my attempts to replicate Passage Guide crash have failed (was able to open each section in default Passage Guide for Genesis 1:1 on macOS 10.13.5 using Logos 7.16.0.0012)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6
Dusty Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 8 2018 4:42 PM

I too had Genesis 1 crash, but I was coming from the Courses tab. When I open Genesis 1 normally in Passage Guide, no issues. But seeing as there is a crash for me as well during looking up that passage, I am thinking something is up.

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2018 4:48 PM

Hi Bryan,

We suspect you may have a corrupted index. Let's try reindex overnight and see if that resolves the behavior.

1. Open Logos with logging enabled (Windows/Mac)
  2. Click the "Command" box at the top of the window.
  3. Enter the command: "Rebuild Index" and hit the Enter key.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS