Bug? Greek Lexicons not functioning in Alpha 19.1

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 15 2010 5:55 PM

Normally, when I would right-click on a word in the Greek NT (Byzantine text or NA27), I would get a nice little window with options like "copy", "look up", etc. In that window, on the list in the left hand side, would be lexicons and theological dictionaries I have prioritized such as Kittel, BDAG, Spicq, etc. Right now, no matter what Greek word I select, I'm only seeing the Lexham Analytical Lexicon showing there. I haven't made any changes to these books in my priority list, either by addition/subtraction or reordering.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 1:25 PM

I have the same condition in Alpha 20. No Greek Lexicons except Lexham Analytical.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

What is selected on the right-hand side of the context menu? Selection? Or Lemma?

Make sure Lemma is selected. Do you still get the same results?

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 6:39 AM

You solved my problem! Thank you thank you thank you! I don't know how I hadn't seen that before; I feel so foolish! Either I changed that somehow when I first started using Logos, or it defaults to something else. I am deeply grateful to you.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 7:01 AM

Christopher Esget:
Either I changed that somehow when I first started using Logos, or it defaults to something else.

Chris,

Logos defaults to the last-used option (it's context sensitive) so you might have just chosen a different thing in the right column the last time you right clicked and that limited what you were shown this time.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 45
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 11:17 AM

Robert Pavich:

Logos defaults to the last-used option (it's context sensitive) 

That's the way a computer program ought to operate. This is really great to know. Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS