Terrible Support

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Mark Steven Munson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 13 2018 8:09 PM

Emails don't work so I'll try this. 12 days ago I sent in an issue about the sermon editor not syncing with my iPad. No response yet. Is the company no longer supporting the Bible program?

Please let me know so I can find another app that really works. I already stopped using Proclaim because we had similar issues and switched last week to MediaShout.

So far today, I have synced the Sermon outline 9 times with failures each time resulting in scrambled notes and missing text. This is the same problem I emailed about on July 2nd and no one bothered to respond.

Someone please respond. If the company is going under I need to find a program that works.

Posts 20246
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2018 11:45 PM

Hi Mark - and welcome to the forums

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

Most of us on these forums are users of the software - not employees of the company - so don't have access to your emails but we can try to help.

Mark Steven Munson:
Emails don't work so I'll try this. 12 days ago I sent in an issue about the sermon editor not syncing with my iPad

Can you please provide a few more details?

Which version of Logos software (desktop) are you using and on which platform?

Which version of the software do you have on your iPad?

Mark Steven Munson:
So far today, I have synced the Sermon outline 9 times with failures each time resulting in scrambled notes and missing text.

Do you get these types of problem with all Sermon documents or is it particular ones that show this?

Can you post a screenshot showing what you have on the desktop and what you see on the iPad? (Use the paperclip icon to include pictures in a reply to this thread).

Mark Steven Munson:
 Is the company no longer supporting the Bible program?

And the company is still supporting the software.

If convenient for you, you might want to try phoning them - contact details at https://www.logos.com/contact 

Graham

Posts 17346
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2018 4:16 PM

Mark Steven Munson:
I already stopped using Proclaim because we had similar issues and switched last week to MediaShout.

Welcome Big Smile plus user apologies.

Forum => Faithlife Proclaim discussions include many replies by Faithlife employees.

Mark Steven Munson:
If the company is going under I need to find a program that works.

Thankful for thread posted by Faithlife CEO on 1 Jun 2018 => Faithlife and Logos Bible Software: Here for the long haul!

Forum thread discussed competitor => OT: Bibleworks ceases operation as of June 15, 2018

Mark Steven Munson:
No response yet. Is the company no longer supporting the Bible program?

One option is phone call or email to Bob Pritchett to discuss support, which could include Proclaim.

Thankful for Church Tools discussion on Tue 10 Jul => 1 pm (Pacific) Tuesday Video Conference Call - Church Tools

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8948
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2018 6:24 PM

Mark Steven Munson:

Emails don't work so I'll try this. 12 days ago I sent in an issue about the sermon editor not syncing with my iPad. No response yet. Is the company no longer supporting the Bible program?

Please let me know so I can find another app that really works. I already stopped using Proclaim because we had similar issues and switched last week to MediaShout.

So far today, I have synced the Sermon outline 9 times with failures each time resulting in scrambled notes and missing text. This is the same problem I emailed about on July 2nd and no one bothered to respond.

Someone please respond. If the company is going under I need to find a program that works.

Mark, since your issue is with a mobile reader app (iOS), may I suggest you try posting to the Mobile Reader Apps forum explaining the issue. Since I have not seen anyone else posting on this issue, it might not be a general bug, but something specific to your situation. 

I understand being frustrated in not getting a response. I am sure this is not what Faithlife desires for its user experience. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 299
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2018 4:43 PM

Hey Mark!

We're appalled to hear about the trouble you've been having with the app, and with reaching out to us for assistance. I can say that we do look to have reached out to you in regards to this, but sadly it looks like those may have been missed. I'm sorry we did not do more to reach you during this time.

I'm grateful we have the option to assist you with this here and now. 

Syncing documents on the mobile app while ideally seamless, can come across a couple snags. The first thing we'll want to isolate is if it's just this particular Sermon, or all documents in general, and possibly try to isolate what device(s) this is occurring on.

We would like you to attempt the following:

Create a new Note in the Logos app, and then sign into your account at https://documents.logos.com

Once logged in, is the note there? If it is, does the material seem correct if you click to open it?

Once you've recorded your answers for the above two questions, please go to any devices that your account syncs with, and check the following?

Is the document there?

Is the material in the document correct?

If you make a change, does that sync back to the originating device?

Please record your answers to these and reply with them here.

As for the Sermon document(s), please do the same with a brand new sermon (except of course creating the Sermon itself on a desktop installation of Logos Bible Software 7) and record the same answers (only making changes and ensuring they record again on a desktop installation)

After doing this as well, please send us a email by using the Report a Problem function in the App, found in the Help Menu. Please include that it is in reply to this forum thread so our team knows what to do with it. That'll give us the base material we need to begin investigating the occurrence.

Again I want to express or deepest regrets, and hope to hear from you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS